Kayaking & SUP paddleboarding in Brisbane

Hi all, not sure if I'm posting this in the correct section, but...

Could anyone tell me if it is allowed and safe to kayak and paddleboard on the Brisbane river? I know there are companies close to the city that offer kayak hire etc, but how about a bit further down the river- Indooroopilly, Kenmore area etc...

Or is there anywhere else safe and pleasant with easy access to do this? Any creeks, lakes etc around Brisbane?

Many thanks!!!

Could anyone tell me if it is allowed and safe to kayak and paddleboard on the Brisbane river? I know there are companies close to the city that offer kayak hire etc, but how about a bit further down the river- Indooroopilly, Kenmore area etc...

Or is there anywhere else safe and pleasant with easy access to do this? Any creeks, lakes etc around Brisbane?

Many thanks!!!

Just wave to the bull sharks as you pass them!

Many thanks!!!

Try walkabout creek at The Gap. Peaceful, safe, wonderful!

Thank you for the suggestion DT55, I will check it out :) Also thanks Zoedan24 for the bayside tip! Im hoping there will be few little safe and pleasant places to do this around Brisbane, I just need to find out about them first!!!

Would anyone know if there is anywhere around Mt Coot-Tha, Indooroopilly etc...If not, then The Gap will be close enough... Thanks!