Can you post belongings ahead without an address?

niknikniknik

So... Silly question...

I'll be moving to Melbourne in the next 8 weeks and will find accommodation when I get there.

I was planning on taking a few suitcases but the cost of that is huge! £100 per bag on Etihad flights :mad:

Are you able to ship boxes off without an address at the other side? So I could post some of my belongings and then pick them up when i'm in Melbourne from an office or a warehouse?

Nikki

You can ship them, you can't post them. Use someone like SevenSeas. Note: you MUST give them an address of some kind, otherwise they'll only quote to get the boxes at the port, and you'll be hit with extra delivery charges later. Give them the address of your holiday accommodation (you are booking a holiday flat for the first couple of weeks aren't you?). Then once you've got a permanent address sorted out, you just ring SevenSeas and let them know.

So... Silly question...

I'll be moving to Melbourne in the next 8 weeks and will find accommodation when I get there.

I was planning on taking a few suitcases but the cost of that is huge! £100 per bag on Etihad flights :mad:

Are you able to ship boxes off without an address at the other side? So I could post some of my belongings and then pick them up when i'm in Melbourne from an office or a warehouse?

Nikki

Shipping to Australia is an option, but depending on how many suitcases, the £100 doesn't sound too bad.

Shipping can take up to 10 weeks, but no you don't need an address at the time of sending.