Employment reference letter - should each page be signed?

ABG

I'm preparing docs for my visa application and need to get a reference letter/statement of services from my company (used statutory declaration for skills assessment). I've worked for the same company for nearly 10 years and so all my roles will be covered in a single reference letter and so its going to be several pages long. Should each page be initialed by my referee or is a signature on the last page sufficient? As I still haven't informed my boss of my intended move, is it okay if the letter comes from someone who I used to work under and now work alongside on an equal footing? Their title is Exec VP, my current title is COO (my 3 previous roles were junior to the EVP); the only person above both of us is the CEO who I don't wish to inform just yet. I'm not being deliberately deceptive to my boss, but my goal is to secure the visa and when I inform him of it pitch the idea that we can use my visa to establish a branch in Australia as it is a good market for us (plus we have operations in China) - and gets me over the whole problem of needing to find a job when we land.

I'm preparing docs for my visa application and need to get a reference letter/statement of services from my company (used statutory declaration for skills assessment). I've worked for the same company for nearly 10 years and so all my roles will be covered in a single reference letter and so its going to be several pages long. Should each page be initialed by my referee or is a signature on the last page sufficient? As I still haven't informed my boss of my intended move, is it okay if the letter comes from someone who I used to work under and now work alongside on an equal footing? Their title is Exec VP, my current title is COO (my 3 previous roles were junior to the EVP); the only person above both of us is the CEO who I don't wish to inform just yet. I'm not being deliberately deceptive to my boss, but my goal is to secure the visa and when I inform him of it pitch the idea that we can use my visa to establish a branch in Australia as it is a good market for us (plus we have operations in China) - and gets me over the whole problem of needing to find a job when we land.

Usually the last page will have name of authorised signatory with signature and stamp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you have pages other than the letter head and last page of signature, better to get the other.pages initiated.

223111 | Invited Sep 2015 | 190 visa lodged Oct 2015 | state WA | last CO contact Mar 2016 | Grant ????

When I need multi page contracts or other legal documents signed I would always have every page initialed, otherwise it looks like something could have been randomly added in. So I would do the same here.

Thanks for the replies. Got the last page only signed, but every page stamped with the company seal. Doesn't scan too well as its an indentation seal but you can make it out that the pages are all authorised. Hopefully that does the trick. Should I include my statutory declaration from the skills assessment too or just use the reference letter (both are near identical as the reference was based on the declaration).

@ABG - Something I read from another forum, which might be of interest to you - PM me if you want link

Friends, probably its game over for me wrt my Australian visa.. My current company HR who received the call from the Australian Embassy in Dubai to verify my employment was informed by the embassy about my visa application.. i dont know what the conversation happend but the embassy sent them the pdf copy of the letter which was signed by my reporting manager for verification.My reporting manager is not authorised signatory on company letter head. The HR summoned both of us and have initiated termination of our contracts due to violation of HR policy. I dont know whether my HR will respond to that email by the embassy. Considering the situation they would probably give adverse information to the AUS embassy verification officer. I have no idea what my next step should be. Do i have an option of emailing the Case officer of my current situation, or wait for the PIC4020 order which will definately come...Unfortunate!! but thats life.. i hope DIBP has a better way of doing verification atleast for the current employment so that someone would not lose their job!!!..

Thanks for the heads up. I googled the text you pasted and found the source. My signatory is authorised to use letterhead etc, so that isn't a worry. I was hoping that I could provide enough verifiable evidence of my employment (I've recently been in the UK press which mentions my name and current job title), and also have patents and publication showing that I'm actively involved in research and publishing on behalf of my employer. Plus I was hoping that the time zone difference might encourage CO to try to verify through those sources rather than picking up the phone to have a discussion. Might need to come clean though in light of this. Could be an awkward conversation...

• 4 weeks later...

Well, the deed is done. Just got back from holiday and went and had the talk with my boss. Went much better than expected - so well in fact that I suggested maybe it's time to consider Aussie operations which I could head up. He actually liked the idea, dependent on us hitting some corporate milestones.

So application submitted, most of supporting docs uploaded, with the last few to be scanned and uploaded tonight. Fast way to spend £4K but a good investment IMO (provided of course I haven't made a colossal stuff up somewhere).

Archived