Medicals at Nuffield Manchester

jodipodi

Had our medicals at Nuffield Manchester yesterday... Dr Smith wa s very polite, had a lovely manner and made all five of us completely at ease.

We were there approximately 1 and a half/two hours I think and our cost was extremely reasonable and actually cheaper than expected.

I have a complicated medical history which was dealt with much more easily by the fact my agent had provided me guidance and advice on how to ensure I could make things simple for the Dr examining me.

Great from start to finish from booking and on the day. Thumbs up to Nuffield Manchester Citilabs.

Had our medicals at Nuffield Manchester yesterday... Dr Smith wa s very polite, had a lovely manner and made all five of us completely at ease.

We were there approximately 1 and a half/two hours I think and our cost was extremely reasonable and actually cheaper than expected.

I have a complicated medical history which was dealt with much more easily by the fact my agent had provided me guidance and advice on how to ensure I could make things simple for the Dr examining me.

Great from start to finish from booking and on the day. Thumbs up to Nuffield Manchester Citilabs.

hi

hope im not being too cheeky in asking how much the medicals cost, and also a list of some of the things they examined you for, obviously not the personal things.

No its fine....all their prices are clearly stated on their website so it's very easy to calculate. I had expected to have hepatitis bloods as extras but they weren't required in our case.

For permanent Visas: 3x £275 (15yrs and over), 1x £195 (13year old) , 1x £75 (4 year old) = £1095 total.

Screenshot_20160803-094755.jpg

We had a urine sample dipped.(females must ensure to try not to book mid menstruation obviously this can taint a urine sample)

Height and weight.

Blood taken from all aged 15 and over.

Strip down to undies, covered by gown and a quick feel of tummy, reflexes checked, ease of movement checked, bend side to side touch toes, look in mouth, ears, eyes.

Breast exam for ladies of a certain age- I didn't have it, I'm 33 (can't remember what the age is he said that have a breast exam.)

Eyesight checked.

Questions regarding medical history.

Asked about any concerns we had about children etc.

Asked if our tattoos were done professionally.

Asked for my medical letter which my consultant already prepared for me.

Sent to xray across the hallway, chest xray done.

Paid.....all done.

All very much stress free, as comfortable as it could be and everyone in there was lovely and professional.

You must take your passport.

Its Nuffield Manchester Citilabs Medmigration.

Screenshot_20160803-094755.jpg

No, not for me anyway.

My consultant had to rewrite his letter as the first one would have been completely useless. My agent helped me obtain one that was in the correct format etc.

Ah OK then. I have plenty of time yet but will try contacting the medical centre first to see what they'll want/need. Fingers crossed they'll have done similar before but nothing is ever that simple ?

Thank you x

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Interested to read your review of Nuffield at Manchester...I also had my medical yesterday at Spire Aston Hill Hospital so thought I would recommend for anyone in the Midlands area. Cost was a little higher at £320 per adult and £220 for 16 year old (non-migrating) daughter. Nice friendly service and easily accessible by car or rail (30 mins from Birmingham New Street by rail (£4.90 return) and then 30 min walk or £5 taxi). Need to take passport, photo and emedical referral letter from HAP ID which is sent to you by Case Officer. I had medical checks by nurse and doctor, HIV test and chest X-ray. I was told the breast exam was for over 40s (optional). Daughter had the same but X-ray was not required. All went well except I have to have urine re-tested by GP...hoping nothing amiss!

PMV 300 lodged 6/4/2016 Medical 2/8/2016

Archived