Warner,Brisbane

Judan

Long story,but after setting our hearts in the Uk on Ferny Hills/Ferny Grove/Arana Hills (and looking at and even getting an Application accepted) we have ended up with a long term rental in Warner. The housing estate is lovely,local shopping area great,closer to sea, closer to husband's cousin but some people are negative when we mention it. Any tips re: primary schools(either Holy Spirit Catholic school or Bray Park state primary) very welcome ,as for any positive comments about Warner Lakes/Warner in general.

Thanks in advance

Long story,but after setting our hearts in the Uk on Ferny Hills/Ferny Grove/Arana Hills (and looking at and even getting an Application accepted) we have ended up with a long term rental in Warner. The housing estate is lovely,local shopping area great,closer to sea, closer to husband's cousin but some people are negative when we mention it. Any tips re: primary schools(either Holy Spirit Catholic school or Bray Park state primary) very welcome ,as for any positive comments about Warner Lakes/Warner in general.

Thanks in advance

Hi

Glad you have made it to Australia :-)

Have some good friends in Warner. Area is fine. Very reasonably priced housing. Options to build. Close to some lovely rural areas and also a short drive to Strathpine station for getting the train to CBD.

Don't know anything about the schools though.

P

Thanks Peachy, we both loved Ferny Grove/Hills but could not find the right house,got offer accepted on a gorgeous house in Arana Hills,but I could not justify paying $545 rent per week,when we are meant to trying to save in case we get a chance to settle and buy over here. Then due to husband trying to get into new job it was a matter of we need to get a house this weekend,no time to wait for right house in Ferny However,should we go for PR we would take our time to find 'the right house in the right place'....and who knows it could be Warner,Ferny or a hidden gem we have yet to discover. Jude X

I don't know anything about the primary schools in Warner but if you don't like what you see when you visit you could look at the two primary schools in Albany Creek who seem to take students out of catchment. They both have good reputations. Our kids have used Eatons Hill State School which is closer to Warner but has a very tight catchment which excludes most of Warner and usually doesn't have space for out of catchment kids. You could ask though as if someone has dropped out during the year you might find a place there.

Like most suburbs, Warner has good and bad parts. As you are only renting you are not committed if you find that it doesn't suit you! As Peachy says, it is pretty hand to nice rural areas and a train to the city. I believe there is a bus from Warner that drops you at the station if you can't drive there yourself.

Thanks Loopylu, I rang Eaton Hills State school this morning,and sadly Warner Lakes out of catchment. We feel we have

possibly rushed the housing choice,but we have good reason to and we say exactly as you do......only renting not committed. If we decide to go for permanent residency(and get it) then we will know what will work for us in time for our son to start high school in January 2019.

We will get there eventually it's a big mountain to climb this moving to Oz,but we are a good way up and so far we love what we see.

Thanks Loopylu, I rang Eaton Hills State school this morning,and sadly Warner Lakes out of catchment. We feel we have

possibly rushed the housing choice,but we have good reason to and we say exactly as you do......only renting not committed. If we decide to go for permanent residency(and get it) then we will know what will work for us in time for our son to start high school in January 2019.

We will get there eventually it's a big mountain to climb this moving to Oz,but we are a good way up and so far we love what we see.

Yes the first few months and, for some, years can be a bit of an uphill struggle when emigrating. You'll find that Oz is culturally quite different from the UK. However, for most people it is definitely worth the effort. To help you adjust and settle in, have you thought about joining some of the local on line social groups? There are a couple that I have belonged to which operate on the north side which have helped me to find new friends. I will PM you with details.

Warner Lakes is one of the good areas so you should be fine! Pine Rivers generally is a lovely area to live and just as good as Ferny Hills/Grove...:wink: