189 processing time for registered nurse medical???

Hi, I'm looking for advice from anyone who has gone through the process of applying for a 189 visa recently.

My skills assessment with Anmac has been completed, my aphra is currently being processed and I have just paid the fee to skill select and lodged an application for a 189 visa.

Does anyone one know how long this process should take? I tried to book in for medicals but have been told I can't and must wait until immigration contracts the health centre requesting them. I have been offered a job in Melbourne and would like a rough idea of when to aim for leaving the uk and my current job.

Many thanks,

jenni

You can book medicals whenever you like through myhealthdeclerations..which will give you a hap id and that's all you need...you need police checks too...I front loaded everything and got a direct grant very quickly...so if you are looking to go as soon as you can then getting everything you need put on may speed up process as case officer won't need to request anything

We lodged our app and we're asked for police checks and medicals within a week. We supplied them within 30 days requested and waited 10 days for our visa confirmation. You only have 1 year to enter from your medical date so don't do it to early

Hi, I already have police checks and have provided the details for them in my application. The only thing left outstanding is my medical. I called the place in Edinburgh which I believe is the only place in Scotland that does it. The girl told me I had not yet been put on their system by immigration and needed a hap I'd. Where is this my health declaration part??? Thanks for your help much appreciated as I have an Australian partner who is about to get thrown out of Scotland as his visa is up end of September. I need to get mine ASAP x

When you are allocated a case worker after lodging a visa they provide you with your HAP ID number. At that point you can complete your medical and they will then assess your application. It didn't take long to be allocated a case worker and asked to complete medical

You can only use My Health Declarations if you haven't lodged your visa application yet. If you've already lodged your application, you apparently can find a link in your ImmiAccount for the documents and information (e.g. HAP ID) required to arrange the medical checks.