Electrician help!!

Birch4

Hi there,

we are a family of 3 recently moved to Sunshine Coast. Staying with family at the moment. Moving to North Lakes soon. My husband is an electrician and finding it difficult to find out where he can go to sit electrical license? Jobs are slow!! Applied for loads even as labourer and no one is biting. Are there any ex pat electricians who could offer some advice to us? Either here or face to face? Another wee question does anyone know if any ex pay meet ups are planned in Brisbane?

Many thanks in advance!

Hello again Birch4

That may be something I can help connect you with - another of the recent arrivals has just gone through getting his provisional licence and he should be able to help with the 'whys and wherefores' in getting yours.

Pat

Hi there,

we are a family of 3 recently moved to Sunshine Coast. Staying with family at the moment. Moving to North Lakes soon. My husband is an electrician and finding it difficult to find out where he can go to sit electrical license? Jobs are slow!! Applied for loads even as labourer and no one is biting. Are there any ex pat electricians who could offer some advice to us? Either here or face to face? Another wee question does anyone know if any ex pay meet ups are planned in Brisbane?

Many thanks in advance!

november and June New Zealand offer overseas electricians a regs and practical exam. Passing these you are now entitles to a full NZ electrical license which is recognised in Australia and can be mutually transferred. If OH can afford to take a few weeks out if he wants his license asap then I'd say head over the Tasman and go for it. You won't have to pay for all this back to college BS and wait a year and an employer to sign things off. Possibly an option if he wants his license asap

Hi there,

Many thanks in advance!

if your partner wants construction labouring work to start with I would drive around sites and just chat to people. Construction is flat out, Both commercial and residential. Busiest I've seen it for years .

Hello again Birch4

That may be something I can help connect you with - another of the recent arrivals has just gone through getting his provisional licence and he should be able to help with the 'whys and wherefores' in getting yours.

Pat

Hi Pat

We are moving to North Lakes on Friday would we be able to hook up and chat? please? we are going round in circles here quite literally! I am still waiting for my Queensland Teacher Registration to come trough - that should be in another few weeks. Lots of proving self over and over again. I thought the visa and the IELTS was the hard part..... wrong!!!!!!

Thanks

Lisa

if your partner wants construction labouring work to start with I would drive around sites and just chat to people. Construction is flat out, Both commercial and residential. Busiest I've seen it for years .

Hi yes - he is going to try and get some labouring work to start with we have been sending out job applications left, right and centre but once we move to North Lakes he is going to try and do as you suggested and see if someone will take him on to get a foot in the door so to speak. Thanks! Lisa

november and June New Zealand offer overseas electricians a regs and practical exam. Passing these you are now entitles to a full NZ electrical license which is recognised in Australia and can be mutually transferred. If OH can afford to take a few weeks out if he wants his license asap then I'd say head over the Tasman and go for it. You won't have to pay for all this back to college BS and wait a year and an employer to sign things off. Possibly an option if he wants his license asap

Hi bobboe2016 - we didn't realise this and we have family in NZ and will look into this - thanks

Hello Birch4

My husband is an electrician and we are from Yorkshire originally but have lived in NZ for the last 13 years until coming to OZ 2 years ago, my husbands NZ electrical licence allowed him to get his full licence's here in OZ, it's a very straight forward procedure from NZ. But can I just say when we first moved to NZ in order to get his NZ electrical licence he had to go to night school to do a course (yes Night School and $3,000 later, which we were not told about), just so that you are aware...

We are also moving to the North Lakes soon, private message us if you need anymore info

Good luck with everything, it's a mind field at times