New member - emigration process started

lawyerlady

Outdoorsy you say?

Very small snippet of random shenans of my family and I.

So much free stuff to do ... the above is only scratching the surface of what we've been up to ... kicking myself for not always having my GoPro on me.

That looks amazing and OMG who is the band you are watching?????

I must admit in the 10 years i have been here i have come across maybe 10 days were its been 'too hot'' to do anything other than drag my butt 100 yds up to the pool. In comparison to the amount of days it was ''too wet'' or 'too cold'' to do things in the UK its not even worth worrying about IMO and there's no doubt if you like outdoor activities, especially water ones ,QLD will tick your boxes.

Cal x

My Brisbane friends camp year round. And currently i am looking out at the pissing rain after 2 whole days of sunshine.... Deffo Aus for me. Thank you for your replies xx

She's going to Brisbane. Climate there a bit different to Perth, with less extremes of temperatures but more humidity. And how you react to the weather is very individual anyway. I get sick of hearing it's too hot to go out in summer when I live here and go out fine in summer. In fact I love the outdoor pools here but won't go near them unless it's over 35 so love the hot days and my trips to the pool. I don't do camping but know people who go pretty much year round here in SA so that's possible as well.

Yeah i dont like it when people moan here that its too hot. Summer is so fleeting here you need to enjoy it while you can!!!!. And it seems to me you acclimatise to the weather - my ex pat friends have. When my bf went over for his friends wedding it was August so their winter. He was cutting about Brisbane in shorts and they were all in jeans and jumpers lol!!

Outdoorsy you say?

Very small snippet of random shenans of my family and I.

So much free stuff to do ... the above is only scratching the surface of what we've been up to ... kicking myself for not always having my GoPro on me.

Enjoyed watching fun times with your family!! Thanks :smile:

It's an Aussie Metalcore Band from Byron bay - called Parkway Drive. They've made it big, but tend to stick to their roots, and like to tour smaller communities :)

I thought i recognised them!!! I am a MASSIVE metal fan . I saw Parkway when they did their UK tour with Thy Art Is Murder. They were awesome. If you haven't checked out Thy Art you must!!! They are superb and from Sydney.

Thats another thing the bf and I love about Aus the metal and rock scene is really good there. Its crap here. We dont even have a rock radio station worth a damn :(

Yes it is daunting - mainly the paperwork that you need and especially since my OH is useless with paperwork lol! But we shall press on.

xx

For such a supposedly laid back country I have found the paperwork not just daunting but very hard to understand easily and I would rate myself (quite egotistically) as well above average intelligence (IQ 157 to back this up). In the early stages of looking at migration we considered NZ briefly, and their paperwork was simple and clear to both read and understand despite conveying the very same or similar information in many cases. Just got to get on with it though unfortunately.

For such a supposedly laid back country I have found the paperwork not just daunting but very hard to understand easily and I would rate myself (quite egotistically) as well above average intelligence (IQ 157 to back this up). In the early stages of looking at migration we considered NZ briefly, and their paperwork was simple and clear to both read and understand despite conveying the very same or similar information in many cases. Just got to get on with it though unfortunately.

We have a migration agent who will be doing the paperwork for us - we just have to get the supporting info to go with the forms. Im no slouch in the brain dept either but my main concern was doing something wrong and wasting time in the application. So I prefer to let someone who is experienced in it deal with it...

I'm a Scot, too mean to pay someone else to something I am capable of myself. But yeah I totally get what you mean about getting it wrong and wasting time, especially as I have a bad habit of skim reading and only lifting what my subconscious wants to see. Like you my hubby is not big on the paperwork side of things and I'm too much of a control freak too.