Temporary Graduate Visa 485

TheVixenator

Hi all

I am heading to Melbourne in Jan 2017 to study 2 x advanced diplomas. I have been researching the Temporary Grad Visa and am a little bit confused. Do my qualifications have to relate to a job on SOL or can the CSOL list be used?

For back ground my job is a Financial Institution Branch Manager Anzco 149914 which is on the CSOL

My courses are Advanced Diploma in Leadership and Management then Advanced Diploma in Banking Services Management

Any help would be appreciated, I am driving myself crackers going round Google trying to clarify!

If applying under the Graduate Work stream you need an occupation on the SOL. If you are applying under the Post Study Work stream you do not but need to study a degree qualification or higher.

I advise you do your research well as this visa can be tricky, especially under the Post Study Work stream.

Be weary of picking courses based on advice from student agents as most are paid commissions by the institutions. I have seen many cases of people studying useless courses which they were not interested in, based on flawed advice.

Totally agree with the student agent bit there. I very nearly studied a course that two student agents told me would lead to pr. Luckily I did my homework and found out it wouldn't (and that was before they made it near impossible to get PR after studying).

Archived