Skilled visa 189 - fastest times for receiving an invite/acceptance

Hi All,

I am wondering if anyone can quote some seriously fast turnaround times in the visa process. It seems 60 points is the minimum, I am aiming for 80-85 points, so I am hoping that puts me quite high on the list. Has anyone had that amount of points and had a quick turnaround ? I would like to lodge my EOI by early August and hope to have a visa by the end of the year - hope being the operative word ! :)

It can depend on the occupation, but anything over 70 points would receive an invitation in the first round after submitting your EOI. Some occupations like Accountant require at least 70 points due to the high number of applicants, and some IT occupations also need 65 points to be among the ones picked.

Thanks MaggieMay24. I am applying for an External Auditor skilled visa, so having 80-85 points will be not too far over the minimum in that case. I have not read anywhere that 70 is the minimum for External Auditors to be honest, but it makes sense given the large amount of places available and I'm sure applicants to match.

Hoping for a good mark in the IELTS test to obtain superior level (20), work experience over 5 years (10-15), degree and accounting qualification (I believe I should get points for both = 25), age 33-39 (25).

I was the same . Needed 20 points. Took IELTS twice which scored 10 points both times. Took Pearson test and breezed it. IELTS is a whole day of stress and being like back in school I found.. Fingers crossed for you

Sorry to hear that. Indeed, I would have preferred Pearson for that very reason, but it's not possible here. It is very much like being back at school and I am not really looking forward to it, but I'm hopeful and practising as much as possible in the meantime.

My point score for profession or English test ? Anyway I'm an electrician. 30 points for age (25). 10 points for trade .. 20 points for superior English.. Claiming 60 points.. I lodged EOI same day as I recieved Pearson test and recieved invitation the same day. I scored around 7.5 for writing and reading, 9 for speaking and 8 for listening pretty much in both tests. The Pearson I scored S 90. L. 90 R 85. W 84.

Yeah I found the written part very intense as its hand written. I tended to stray off topic to ensure I hit the minimum word count so would have lost points for sure.. whereas Pearson is computer based so that favoured me as I could oversee it a lot easier and rectify spelling and word errors. Probably a good few videos on YouTube

I though you were suppose to score PTE 7.9 on all four to claim superior english

PTE is a score out of 90, 79 in all 4 is minimum to meet superior English. IELTS is scored out of 9. Minimum is 8 in all 4 to meet superior english

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Archived