19 year old dependant

geebee8

We are still waiting for my partners skills assessment to comeback but my eldest daughter has her induction day at her new college course doing a level 2 hairdressing today. Got me thinking about what we will need to show she is still dependant on us.

She is 19 middle of July, still lives at home(obviously) has done a level 3 animal care course but has decided she wanted to do hairdressing. We have had to pay for this course, plus we will need to buy equipment for the course and her bus ticket. She has a part time job at Mc donalds doing roughly 3 x 8 hour shifts a week (although this could go up in summer holidays)

So what sort of stuff will we need to prove she is still dependant on us and is this easy enough to do???

If I remember correctly, you are asked to confirm the dependency by listing examples.

I.e. You provide things like, accommodation, money when required, food, clothing, schooling/education payments including details of education courses, transport expenses etc etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just listing it all. Will we then need paper evidence to support that??

So showing we paid for her course, equipment and bus ticket.

How do we prove clothing, food and accommodation?

College seem to think that because she was enrolled and excepted onto the course before she turned 19 we will still be entitled to child benefit for her so if that is the case would this letter help comfirm it?

Hi, My daughter was 19 and living at home when we applied for our visa. She was in full time college, all we had to provide was a letter from the collage confirming that she was attending full time.She had a pat time job, pocket money job really but was advised that we didn't need to put this information on forms as she was dependent on us for most things.

We are still waiting for my partners skills assessment to comeback but my eldest daughter has her induction day at her new college course doing a level 2 hairdressing today. Got me thinking about what we will need to show she is still dependant on us.

She is 19 middle of July, still lives at home(obviously) has done a level 3 animal care course but has decided she wanted to do hairdressing. We have had to pay for this course, plus we will need to buy equipment for the course and her bus ticket. She has a part time job at Mc donalds doing roughly 3 x 8 hour shifts a week (although this could go up in summer holidays)

So what sort of stuff will we need to prove she is still dependant on us and is this easy enough to do???

We have just had our 189 visa granted, we had been waiting since Jan.

I have a 19 yr son, he had just finished college and has a part time job in local pub for under 20 hours a week. We provided college paperwork, and lots of recipes for clothing and flights for holidays, also stated that we pay for his car insurance and mobile phone, voting slip to show he was on Election lists for our house.

They then asked for the form 47a to show dependency, ( our agent said they had never had to do that form for anyone else and she had put a few through the process with older children) we also had to send his cv and certificates from college, I also added in a letter from his biological dad stating he could not house him if he remained in the Uk as he had no spare room - they have triplets so that's wasn't a lie.

thought at one stage we would not get him his visa ... But they did grant his.

Best of luck it can be done !