Child e-visa tourist consent querry

JEM44

Hi all, we have a query and can't find a straight answer on the web, so hoping someone can help.

Hubby and our two kids and I live in Perth as PRs. Hubby has 3 kids still in the UK, aged 20, 17 and 14. They are coming over for a 2 week holiday in the UK school holidays on their own. I know they need a tourist e-visa, but someone has mentioned that they may need a consent to travel. We can't find a definitive answer to this.

Initially we thought it was maybe a letter from their mother allowing them to travel without a parent to visit us, but we can't find anything to confirm this, we have since found form 1229 but again it is unclear if it fits in this situation as they will be travelling with no parent although the eldest is an adult.

Please can anyone help who may have been in this situation. We need to get it sorted ASAP.

Thanks for for any help.

Laura

Guest Priscilla101

In a legal point any child travelling should have the written consent of both parents. (So one can't abduct the kids) but this is rarely checked in airports. In fact my daughter is 11 and it's never been an issue. If they were coming to live the youngest 2 would need it for their visas. If it's just a holiday it's ok

In a legal point any child travelling should have the written consent of both parents. (So one can't abduct the kids) but this is rarely checked in airports. In fact my daughter is 11 and it's never been an issue. If they were coming to live the youngest 2 would need it for their visas. If it's just a holiday it's ok

That doesn't make sense.

The situation where kids are abducted overseas is when it is supposed to be just a holiday.