Resume for immigration

kellyhawken

My husband and I do not have a CV and are starting to apply for our visas to emigrate. Does anyone have any advice on how to lay them out specifically for us to get through the first process. I have seen some templates but I would like to Know if there is a service that offer resume writing geared towards immigration. We hope to

Get your advice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My husband and I do not have a CV and are starting to apply for our visas to emigrate. Does anyone have any advice on how to lay them out specifically for us to get through the first process. I have seen some templates but I would like to Know if there is a service that offer resume writing geared towards immigration. We hope to

Get your advice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One page, not more than two, cover academic and other training and work experience duties, with dates. You are not applying for a job, you are preparing a checklist to make it easy to tick your claims and supporting documents.

Your first page has to be good enough to make them turn to page 2

Not for immigration purposes. The minister MUST consider all information submitted.

Writing a CV to be invited for a job interview is a different process.

Anyway you do not write a CV to get a job, you write it to get an interview.

I have tidied up plenty of CVs for clients, but its is beneath my dignity to write one for myself.

Years ago I dug one grave and hired myself out once, so I could include gravedigger and Gigolo (I did not take the money) if I had to write a CV for myself.

Mine was just one and half pages of basic work history/dates/duties and relevant training/education...I just used my UK one but took out cover letter and extra unnecessary bits that were more for trying to get an interview than for immigration

Archived