i have bad credit ...any advice

Guest mickymoo

shouldn't affect you for your Visa, however it may affect the credit you can get in OZ its all down to circumstances it seems they would be concerned if you acted illegally i know a few people who have just upped and gone and 1 of those was bankrupt! at the end of the day you know the reason why you did this and as long as you are comfortable shouldn't be a problem.

Guest Matthew & Leanne
hello Everyone

Its My First Post On Pio,just A Little Bit Of Advice If Anyone Has Any. Im Hoping To Go To Oz With My Wife And 2 Kids On Her Job.we Havent Started Anything (visa Wise Yet) Just Testing The Water..can Anyone Tell Me Is It Hard To Get Credit In Oz As I Cant Get Credit In Uk. I Was Thinking Of Going Bankrupt As The Debts Are Over My Head.but Now My Wife Has This Big Idea Of Moving To Oz Im Worried That Me Going Bankrupt Will Effect Us .

My Wife Also Cant Get Credit But She Is Trying To Pay As Much Off As She Can Over The Next 2 Yrs

Any Advice Guys Thanks In Advance

Hi Both

Just Read Ur Msg And As Far As We Have Been Told U Do Not Have To Declare You've Been Bankrupt And Unless U Do Declare It They Dont Know, We Have Also Been Advised That Your Debts Do Not Follow U Out Abroad And That After 6 Years They Are Cleared. It Is A Long Process And Does Cost Quite A Few Quid But Just Think Of The Life Style You'll Be Living. Good Luck In Your Applications And We Hope Things Go Well For You.

I do not know about overseas people but I do know that if you have a bad credit rating in Australia and you go for a mortgage for a house the bank will more than likely insist the property is bought in partner/spouse name or person with good credit rating.

Came accross it quite a bit at work. I am not sure whether they check all credit rating agencies or whether o/seas ones are linked.

Guest oz2008

Hi,

from what i understand. From Australia's point of view it won't make a difference but you may not be able to leave uk perminantly until you are discharged from your bankruptcy . so depending on that you may have to go to OZ and activate your Visa prior to actually emigrating which could be costly.

Archived