Police check Northern Ireland

philipmoore88

Has anyone applied for a 189 with a police check from Northern Ireland.

Am applying from within Australia and have been asked to provide a UK police check but Northern Ireland issues its own checks which I have provided. Has anyone else been asked this or is the general UK the expected one no matter where in the UK you originally lived

Thanks for any advice

When I applied for my visa I lived in Scotland, but had lived in Northern Ireland during the previous 10 years. I just submitted an ACPO certificate. I can't remember whether I had had to tick a box to say I had lived in Northern Ireland - possibly I did - but there was no separate PSNI or RUC certificate.

When I applied for my visa I lived in Scotland, but had lived in Northern Ireland during the previous 10 years. I just submitted an ACPO certificate. I can't remember whether I had had to tick a box to say I had lived in Northern Ireland - possibly I did - but there was no separate PSNI or RUC certificate.

I contacted PSNI about getting a check for migration to Australia and they referred me ACRO. That's the only cert I submitted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 6 months later...

Yeah we had this issue during the visa process but I spoke with ACRO who advised me that the Subject Access is only available for people living in England and Wales. Any record for Northern Ireland and Scotland is done through the local police force.

I then spoke to the Northern Ireland Criminal Records Office Tel 02890650222 in relation to getting something like a Subject Access Disclosure. They informed me that the Access NI form (in particular the Enhanced Disclosure Certificate) is the same as the Subject Access Disclosure and they could not provide any additional information as this is all ready contained within it.

I have provided the telephone number for the Criminal records in NI and the ACRO number is 0845 60 13 999 in case . OUr agent advised the CO of this and it was ok