Stat Dec help needed.

bessiedoll

Hi Guys

This is probably a simple question ( at least i hope it is) but i just cant find an answer anywhere. On the list of who can witness a Stat Dec it states one of the options is "Member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia, the Australian Society of Certified Practicing Accountants or the National Institute of Accountants". Does anyone know if the Member of the Certified Practicing Accountants needs to have a specific level or membership. It doesn't say on any information i have found that they do need to. The person i was going to get to do mine is an Associate member, and i understand that there are different levels, so now i am confused. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I am not aware of who can sign statutory declarations in Australia, in the UK it would only be a solicitor or notary public, so not commenting on that either way.

However with accountancy bodies an associate and a member are two different things, with the associate yet to complete the process of obtaining a full membership. Accordingly, I would take a punt that no you could not claim the associate to be a member.

I just rang the society of practicing accounts and they said that she can't do it because she needs to be a full member. It's OK, I will just get someone else. I'm glad I checked though ?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Archived