AHPRA full registration on arrival timing?

Bushpiglet

I had to produce passport with visa stamp in it (if your passport needs changing do it before your visa is granted, it just makes life easier in the long run) uk driving licence. 189 visa grant notification. Fit to work declaration. Job offer- it can take a while to get a job as the employer has to be willing to wait for you to get there, so be prepared to start applying earlier. If you land here you will be sleeping somewhere- a hotel is an address even if it's just for s few nights, you can then go online and change it once registration has been granted. All email based anyway. They want the passport details that you applied with so either update before or cut it close and have to mess with visa after.

Cheers Priscilla,

I will start applying for jobs ASAP then. Do you think they will refuse to register me if I don't get a job offer in time? I wasn't sure if they would accept such a short term let as a temp address, but it's great if they do! The passport situation is a nightmare! It states they want original passport so I've delayed getting it renewed. I was thinking if I could manage to present earlier than anticipated, I could use the original for this and to also validate visa with, then renew and on re-entry I could use new passport but show old passport too. Nothing's ever straight forward with me! All of this is taking away the excitement of moving. Thanks again for you reply.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi we are due to present in Perth mid October. Our registration in principle letter only says if cogs is over 3 months old we need to sign stat declaration. Nothing about 6 month timing. Or fit2 work. We emailed the case officer and she replied stating we only need to sign stat declaration. Has anyone else had this issue when presenting even though letter doesn't state the 6 month bit.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm planning on going into Sydney office today but worried I won't have all the evidence needed.

i didn't get passport stamped on arrival as this was not needed as went through electronic system with no issues, I do have my visa grant letter though so hoping that will be fine along with my boarding cards to show date of entry.

ive not been offered a job yet but I will be meeting with a company I was Skype interviewed for before I head to AHPRA so hopefully they will confirm job offer??

ive not got proof of address as staying with friends and can't get rental of own until I got a job!

Its all such a vicious circle!!

I'm planning on going into Sydney office today but worried I won't have all the evidence needed.

i didn't get passport stamped on arrival as this was not needed as went through electronic system with no issues, I do have my visa grant letter though so hoping that will be fine along with my boarding cards to show date of entry.

ive not been offered a job yet but I will be meeting with a company I was Skype interviewed for before I head to AHPRA so hopefully they will confirm job offer??

ive not got proof of address as staying with friends and can't get rental of own until I got a job!

Its all such a vicious circle!!

Hi Charlotte,

How did you get on today? What evidence did you show? Any tips for me? We are heading over to validate end of December. Any advice will be greatly welcomed. Hope you're enjoying it?

I will be presenting at the perth office in about 3 weeks so it's good to hear what is needed. I asked the NMC to resend my COGS last week and it might be a good idea to 're do my fit2work. Fingers crossed its not a stressful process. Do you just turn up or do you need an appointment??

I will be presenting at the perth office in about 3 weeks so it's good to hear what is needed. I asked the NMC to resend my COGS last week and it might be a good idea to 're do my fit2work. Fingers crossed its not a stressful process. Do you just turn up or do you need an appointment??

Hi Louloubelle,

I rang AHPRA and was told you do not need an appointment and you can go to any branch in any area. Good luck with everything, keep us updated with your visit.

Hi Louloubelle,

I have been to AHPRA to present today. I would ring before you present as it has taken 5 weeks for my COGS to arrive. My fit to work was from January and I did not need to do another one, but if it says you do in your offer letter then obviously that is different.

Make sure when you arrive in Australia you have you passport stamped, if you go through the automated immigration control and don't get a stamp you will need to save your boarding card to present as evidence of when you arrived. You will also need a copy of your visa.

I also thought when when I presented that it would be all done, but no! Because of the condition on my registration it needs to be finalised by the Registration Officer that contacted me throughout the process. Hopefully that won't take too long as I was hoping to start in 2 weeks!

Hope that help.

Hi Louloubelle,

I have been to AHPRA to present today. I would ring before you present as it has taken 5 weeks for my COGS to arrive. My fit to work was from January and I did not need to do another one, but if it says you do in your offer letter then obviously that is different.

Make sure when you arrive in Australia you have you passport stamped, if you go through the automated immigration control and don't get a stamp you will need to save your boarding card to present as evidence of when you arrived. You will also need a copy of your visa.

I also thought when when I presented that it would be all done, but no! Because of the condition on my registration it needs to be finalised by the Registration Officer that contacted me throughout the process. Hopefully that won't take too long as I was hoping to start in 2 weeks!

Hope that help.

Can an I ask a question? Once you have presented in person do you have to wait and then present again or is it just a case of getting an email? Our final destination is not near the aphra office so I'm wondering if we have to book accomadation for a few weeks or if once we have presented we can go onto our final destination and wait for An email?

I think it is just an email from what was said today. I will let you know when I hear though. TBH I didn't know that the Registration Officer contacting me was not at the local office that I specified at the beginning, it may be for others that they are in that office and can get it sorted straight away?

Can an I ask a question? Once you have presented in person do you have to wait and then present again or is it just a case of getting an email? Our final destination is not near the aphra office so I'm wondering if we have to book accomadation for a few weeks or if once we have presented we can go onto our final destination and wait for An email?

Hey Lisa, I did not have to present again. My name is now on the register (as of about 10 minutes ago!) but I believe I will also get an email with instructions about my conditions.

Thanks DeniDeni - so we can present once then fly onto out final destination? How long from presenting does it take to get you on register?

I certainly didn't have to. It was 5 working days to get it on, but I still haven't received the email they said! Still not sure why I had to wait and I did ring them to chase it.

Hi all sorry for the late reply only just seen these posts, so sorry if its to late to help! I presented at perth office with my in principle registration, stamped passport, copy of visa grant letter, used my lease for house rental as proof of address and uk driving licence. Had to complete a stat dec at that point for the COGS. I had no job offer or job lined up. After a few days i reveived zn email to say i had to complete a new fit 2 work! Did this straight away then it took approx 3 weeks in total from time of presenting to receiving an email informing me I was on the register!

Good luck all AHPRA was no doubt the most stressful part of the whole process!

• 2 weeks later...

I presented at the perth AHPRA office today, was a much simpler process than I imagined. I took my stamped passport, bank stAtements with my OZ address on, copy of visa and uk driving licence. I asked the NMC to resend my COGS on 20th September and they only received it at AHPRA on the 25th Oct and I redid my fit2work again just to be sure and they had received that too. I just have to wait for an email now confirming I'm on the register.