AHPRA full registration on arrival timing?

Bushpiglet

Hi! I've been advised by HR department in Brisbane that AHPRA are currently taking 2 weeks to process 'in principle ' registrations. Does that sound right to people who have done it? I'm on a tight timeline and that could mean the difference between managing to do it and not.

Also, am I right in thinking that you would have been advised in the 'in principle' letter if there were supervision requirements?

Thanks so much (again!) xx

Interested in hearing replies too. I'll have about 10 days from arriving in Adelaide to moving up to Alice Springs to start work, so would hope it would be through. You'd think it would be a matter of confirming everything, then saying "yup!"

Have you tried asking on the facebook page for nurses?

I (stupidly) thought it would be!:laugh: I don't know why but I expected to go in with my ID, and have it sorted within 24 hours lol. Really frustrating because I just don't think I'm going to get it all sorted in time which will mean I'll lose the job offer.:sad:

What's the nurses Facebook page please? x

Hi all well not as simple for me. I thought the same but went to Ahpra office on 12 th may for identity checka then received an email 3 days later saying i had to apply for another fit2work check as mine was out of date! Apparently only valid for 3 months. Fit2work came through yesterday so hopefully mot to long as got agency work planned! Good luck hope yours are quicker!

I was thinking the same too,present with ID and all ready to go, that will definitely make a difference to my timescales if I have to wait a while. Interested in any responses to this.

I might just email AHPRA and see if I get a response.

Yeah I considered that...and then remembered the complete lack of response I had last time I tried lol. If you do could you let us know how you get on please? In fact...I'll do it too...hopefully one of us will be lucky. :) x

Hi all well not as simple for me. I thought the same but went to Ahpra office on 12 th may for identity checka then received an email 3 days later saying i had to apply for another fit2work check as mine was out of date! Apparently only valid for 3 months. Fit2work came through yesterday so hopefully mot to long as got agency work planned! Good luck hope yours are quicker!

Oh my god...nightmare! :err: ok...I'll do another fit2work check in a few weeks to prevent that then. Thanks! Hope you get it sorted.xx

Sorry,the facebook pages are "Poms wanting Oz", and "Nurses applying to AHPRA and ANMAC"

I didn't realise the 3 month fit2work thing....I know you need your NMC CORS to be dated within 3 months. It doesn't say anything on the Registration in Principle letter about this either. I might email them and see if this will be required for me - mine will be 6 months old by time I go in September. Always something else, eh!?

Sorry,the facebook pages are "Poms wanting Oz", and "Nurses applying to AHPRA and ANMAC"

I didn't realise the 3 month fit2work thing....I know you need your NMC CORS to be dated within 3 months. It doesn't say anything on the Registration in Principle letter about this either. I might email them and see if this will be required for me - mine will be 6 months old by time I go in September. Always something else, eh!?

FFS.:wacko: I didn't know about the NMC thing either!! I'd be really good if they'd let you know stuff like this! thanks for the heads up Kyliedonut...looks like the NMC will be getting yet more cash out of me! Let us know how you get on if you hear back!x

Thanks for all this info girls!

I did't think of the NMC and fit2work expiring! I was only thinking of the ahpra provisional.

I'll have to allow min three weeks holiday on arrival then too, my husband will be happy with that one! More money to have in savings to see us through till first new pay day.

I have till Jan 2017 so hope our visa doesn't take too much longer, we'd planned on going this month on what our agent thought our timeline would be

Hi Loulou, did you have the NMC certificate dated within 3 months or did you sign a statutory declaration when you presented? I took from my letter that I did not need to get another certificate from the NMC but just sign the declaration?? Not quite enough hoops to jump through are there?!

On reading the info about the expired "fit 2 work" form. I telephone alpha who were very helpful. They confirmed I didn't require a fit 2 Work but I would need a new nmc cert of good standard before being able to proceed with my application.

On Monday I'll be sorting this out as we arrive in oz on the 4th July.

Like i say can only tell you from my experience. Didnt need a new NMC cogs just signed declaration. On my in principle letter it stated if cogs was older than three months i would have to sign stat dec. No biggie done that at the ahpra office on identification. Had no idea the fit2work was only valid for three months or would have done this prior to leaving UK and obviously more money again however it was a small price to pay to finally receive my registration number. Have not heard of anyone else having to do this either however on fit2work site its state only valid for 3 months so couldnt really dispute it. Took me around 21 days to receive. Good luck all.

• 2 months later...
Like i say can only tell you from my experience. Didnt need a new NMC cogs just signed declaration. On my in principle letter it stated if cogs was older than three months i would have to sign stat dec. No biggie done that at the ahpra office on identification. Had no idea the fit2work was only valid for three months or would have done this prior to leaving UK and obviously more money again however it was a small price to pay to finally receive my registration number. Have not heard of anyone else having to do this either however on fit2work site its state only valid for 3 months so couldnt really dispute it. Took me around 21 days to receive. Good luck all.

Hi Loulou,

As you have already presented to AHPRA, I wonder if you could help me. I have recently had my visa granted and need to present myself at an AHPRA office within the next 5 months. (we were hoping to validate jan). In my notice in principle letter it states that I need to provide my international passport containing Australian visa, an updated version of COGS (over 6 months old) and either 1) a signed statement from a prospective Australian employer, veryfiying my identity OR 2) an origional offer of employment.

The situation is that we need to sell our house before we move to Australia (Its taking longer than expected). I havent applied for any jobs because I have no idea when we will be able to move there, therefore can not provide AHPRA with either a statement from employer or offer of employment. Did you have to show a job offer or employer statement on presenting to AHPRA? If no were you asked to provide them?

Thank You

Guest Priscilla101

Just as an update. I presented to Ahpra Melbourne on 16 August. My fit to work had expired (zither only last 3 months) so I had applied before flying for another.

I turned up. Had to walk to the pharmacist next door for a star declaration (very common here) and returned with my form. Got an email next day saying I was on the register.

Just as an update. I presented to Ahpra Melbourne on 16 August. My fit to work had expired (zither only last 3 months) so I had applied before flying for another.

I turned up. Had to walk to the pharmacist next door for a star declaration (very common here) and returned with my form. Got an email next day saying I was on the register.

Hi Priscilla,

What ID did you have to produce? I know the Aus visa and passport need to be shown, just wanted to know if you had to show a Aus job offer etc? I need to present before 11th Jan to AHPRA and my letter in principle states that I need to supply either a job offer or ID that shows Aus addresses. As we can't move to Aus until our house is sold, I haven't applied for jobs as I can't give employers a move date, therefore no job offers to and we don't have an Aus address. I'm just wandering how people that have presented to them have got around this? Also it states that I must show original passport. My passport is due to expire in March so i would need to present ASAP, if not I won't have my original passport but a new passport! Sorry for all the questions.

Guest Priscilla101

I had to produce passport with visa stamp in it (if your passport needs changing do it before your visa is granted, it just makes life easier in the long run) uk driving licence. 189 visa grant notification. Fit to work declaration. Job offer- it can take a while to get a job as the employer has to be willing to wait for you to get there, so be prepared to start applying earlier. If you land here you will be sleeping somewhere- a hotel is an address even if it's just for s few nights, you can then go online and change it once registration has been granted. All email based anyway. They want the passport details that you applied with so either update before or cut it close and have to mess with visa after.

Archived