What does this mean???

I have just recieved a quote from a company which states:

'Rate Excludes: Australian PHC, THC, LO/LO, Shipping line documentation

fees and any other ancillary charges incurred by the shipping lines;

Customs duties or taxes; Quarantine inspection fees;'

What does this mean? Is this customs clearance? Does it mean we will likely incur huge fees on top of our shipping?

Thanks

I have just recieved a quote from a company which states:

'Rate Excludes: Australian PHC, THC, LO/LO, Shipping line documentation

fees and any other ancillary charges incurred by the shipping lines;

Customs duties or taxes; Quarantine inspection fees;'

What does this mean? Is this customs clearance? Does it mean we will likely incur huge fees on top of our shipping?

Thanks

Customs duties and taxes (if imposed for importing anything that isn't duty free) as well as quarantine inspection by Australian bio security (should your shipment be selected) are usually excluded, although a couple of movers do include a fixed rate for the latter, but there are pros and cons to that...

The other charges are all part of the standard process of shipping and normally included though, but that could depend on the type of company you're using. Most International Removals companies will include these.

Make sure you ask them the cost for these in advance so you can factor that into your budget and compare properly with your other quotes.

I wouldn't call it half a story. There is no way of knowing if there will be an inspection, most aren't. So I would rather pay the fee if there is an inspection, rather than have it built in anyway.

I wouldn't call it half a story. There is no way of knowing if there will be an inspection, most aren't. So I would rather pay the fee if there is an inspection, rather than have it built in anyway.

That's not just talking about whether or not it gets inspected. The quote MiniCooper has received has NO Australian charges listed. I get annoyed when shipping companies do this because it leads people to think "Oh great, I can get my car to Australia for GBP1000" or whatever price they quote - of course, by the time they realise they still need to also pay all the charges at the Australian end, their car is halfway across the ocean and will accrue storage charges if they don't pay the additional bill.

Archived