EOI for visa 489

Brocklegromit

I went onto the dept of immigration to look at logging an EOI and it gave me two options, one if I have been invited to apply, presuming not this option and an extended option ofor if already in Australia and that doesn't apply to me either. Any one.any ideas? Do you need the required work experience number of.years at time of completing an EOI? Or.can you get that in early knowing these things take time?

How much does the dept of immigration charge to process a 489 visa with a spouse attached, couldn't find the costings. I will email them if people.aren't sure.

Thanks

Emma

Emma you are posting questions left right and centre. It would help people to help you if you keep your story and your posts on one thread.

Costs are readily available on line, not sure why you can't find them. I am not going to look them up though, but I know they are there and it is about $3600 for the main applicant and then half of that for the second applicant.

Have you got a skills assesment yet? Have you taken IELTs? You should not be even thinking about lodging an EOI Beofre these things are in place.

That's because I'm new to the site and unsure where is best to post! Thank you for your help.

Well the best thing to do is to keep your posts on one thread when they are all related, obviously if you want to ask about shipping a cat then a new thread in the pets section would make sense. If you keep your immigration questions together, then we can all learn more about you and start to get a clearer picture of what might make sense for you.

The first thing to do is lots of reading here https://www.border.gov.au/

The prices for visas are in there - for permanent visas such as the 489 and 189 and 190, the costs are $3600 for the main applicant. Then $1800 for additional applicants over the age of 18. Then under 18's are $900.

The cost of using a migration agent will vary on how complex your case is and what you want them to do. For example, you might just want them to check everything prior to submission.

In addition to the costs above, will be costs for the skills assessment, police checks and medicals.

Obviously though, all of these costs will pale into insignificance with the cost of the actual move

Thank you that's very helpful. I am struggling to work out whether my HNC is equivalent to and AQF diploma. Onine it seems it does, but one migration agent said it isn't. I contacted vet assess and unless you pay $130 they won't tell you whether it's equivalent or not. If I don't have the equivalent then I need to know so I can do something about getting the equivalent. If not I can relax and build up a little more work experience.

I only need to find out if a HNC is equivalent to an aqf diploma, hoping someone will know the answer to save me $130 at this stage.

Australia has diplomas, advanced diplomas and graduate diplomas. An HNC is equivalent to NVQ3 and the diploma. But possibly your occupation needs advanced diploma and that is why agent said not enough. It would be really helpful if you could tell us a bit more about yourself because then we have better context.

Archived