Nursing diploma top up

Amy

Hello everyone. We looked into moving to Oz a few years ago and never actually went through with it. Now, 6 years on and a five year old in tow we have decided to go for it. I'm now devastated to find out that my nursing diploma is insufficient. My question is, having been out of education for some time (11 years) I'm a little rusty. I was wondering if I needed to to specific modules to top up to the required degree or if I can do modules I am more interested in such as principals of upper GI endoscopy?

Really wishing we had done this years ago now but hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Thanks in advance

Amy

Thanks, I did have a read on that, I'm guessing you would need a temporary visa rather than permanent to go over and do that, but it's extremely expensive. Need that lottery win!

thanks

Amy

Are you adult branch? Some areas i.e paeds, Ld are being registered with diplomas, but not adult, some people are topping up online. Courses run through university of Chester

That is not correct there are no exceptions in order to register as an RN the minimum is a degree , there are no separate registrations for paediatric nurses

That is not correct there are no exceptions in order to register as an RN the minimum is a degree , there are no separate registrations for paediatric nurses[/quote

i was referring to page 3 of this document IQNM frequently asked questions http://www.nursingmidwiferyboard.gov.au/documents/default.aspx?record=WD14%2F14645&dbid=AP&chksum=FpNmSpPY9gcxWSqjO16tzA%3D%3D

which was applicable when I registered last year unless it's changed again AQF level 6 diploma of higher education in mental health, learning disability and paediatric nursing was register able with a notation for supervised practice. Adult was not, rationale being that the others are specialities. Anyway this is not relevant as the op is adult trained

Archived