Clarification around 189 nominated visa

ali2016

Hey all,

Wanted some advice re my 186 permanent resident application.

I have been sponsored on a 147 visa for two years and my employer is going to nominate me via the temporary resident transition stream.

What evidence is required for the application? I know there is no skills assessment, and my occupation is still on the skills list (social worker), but what further information will i be required to provide?

Thanks in advance!!

Evidence? For what? You have been in the role for 2 years already. So that's the evidence for the sponsored position.

Other than that it's just the usual background stuff; places, dates, family history, work history etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ah ok sweet. Just one snag. I told a couple of porkie pies on my CV originally and HR found out. They dealt with it internally, but the visa agent I'm using knows as well. Could this mess my application up? My original 457 was submitted using the dodgy CV lol.

Ah ok sweet. Just one snag. I told a couple of porkie pies on my CV originally and HR found out. They dealt with it internally, but the visa agent I'm using knows as well. Could this mess my application up? My original 457 was submitted using the dodgy CV lol.

Clearly, you need to use a correct CV....

What sort of porkie pies?? If it's relatively minor, like a date being out by a couple of months then no, just adjust it and submit a true cv. If it's more serious, qualifications etc... Then you need advice from

your agent as not only will it impact the new application it could also lead to your 457 being cancelled, because you've misrepresented yourself to DIBP to get a visa....

Well, I dunno how they're going to look on it in Australia; however, lying on a CV can get you lodged on the CIFAS register back in the UK. I would hope that Australia is sensible enough to have a similar register. Application fraud is a serious offence. This is in no way directed at you, personally; however, to not acknowledge that this is effectively fraud wouldn't do anyone any favours, either.

Edited to add: I would also cut out the 'lol'. Fraud isn't a laughing matter, as someone who has been on the receiving end of fraudsters, in the past, knows all too well.

Yes i get its not a joke. As i am currently shitting myself. I love australia and as a social worker I have built up a strong relationship withthw children i work with over the past 2 years.

It was more the title of a couple of my roles and some of the responsibilities. I "sexed it up" rather than completely lied about my experience.

I know I have to be honest about it, but im worried.

I have already spoken to the agent and she said get all the information to her and she can consult the team and discuss options.

cheers

Archived