Ahpra registration

stevej

Hi Everyone

my wife received her registration in principle from Ahpra stating she needs to present in person with the outstanding proof of ID. Now the only ID they have asked for is one that isn't asked for on the application form or the proof of ID requirements document. They are asking for proof of Australian address. We provided ID for Catagory A,B & C. Nowhere does it say Australian address is required.

If we make a a holiday trip to finalise this registration what evidence have people used as proof of Australian address since we will likely be in holiday accommodation.

I cant understand the rationale behind this request as they know and accept this address will be a temporary holiday one only valid for that week. It seems they are just making this up as they go along.

Any advice from people who have completed registration whilst visiting on holiday would be appreciated.

Steve

Not 100% as haven't personally done this, but I believe a lot of people do use temporary accommodation - have heard of people using holiday lets, hostels, friends addresses. And then once registration is finalised you can contact them to inform of change of address when you have something more permanent.

You don't need to take a holiday to finalise the registration. You can do it on arrival after your visa is granted. It's valid for 1 year (as I'm sure you know) so as long as she presents in person before that date it's fine. Congratulations!

Unfortunately we will not have our visas and be in a position to do that within the timeframe. We will be going over to finalise registration then proceeding with the modified skills assessment before submitting EOI mid next year. This is to defer the valadity period of our visa when granted.

My decision in principle states that I would also have to attend with a passport with a valid visa when completing registration, otherwise they would be registering people without the right to work I guess. I don't know the ins and outs, but I can't help thinking that, without a valid visa, your trip to complete registration will be futile and you will have to reapply to AHPRA when you are ready to proceed with your visa. Could you not start the process of applying for your visa now, and then once it's granted take the trip over to validate both registration and visa, then your visa will have 5 years on it from date of granting to re-enter, giving you time to make the move when it suits? I only know what I have been told and what my letter from AHPRA says, but I expect it's quite standard.

They have accepted my wife's passport with tourist visa ( as per the list in proof of ID requirements document). The only thing they request now is proof of Australian address, this apparently is a requirement of NMBA but not listed on the documentation. The application officer has confirmed a tourist trip is fine as long as you get a date of entry stamp in passport. We are not applying for visa yet as we need our 5 year window to start from next year for our timings to work out with validation trips and travel validity period of visa etc. I know a few people have made a visit just to finalise the registration so hopefully they will shed some light.

Guest Priscilla101

How much blood did they take to actually offer you registration??? The whole process is a nightmare! Congrats for getting through it

We are doing our validation trip in a few weeks

I have opened an account with NAB for my partner (the nurse) and arranged to pick up her debit card the day we arrive, the NAB paperwork says a temporary address is ok, she can then ask for a printed statement with address which can be used by AHPRA to complete registration there.

We are doing our validation trip in a few weeks

I have opened an account with NAB for my partner (the nurse) and arranged to pick up her debit card the day we arrive, the NAB paperwork says a temporary address is ok, she can then ask for a printed statement with address which can be used by AHPRA to complete registration there.

We have just booked our flights for October to visit family in Perth. We will finalise bank account and Ahpra registration whilst there. Then we can move things along planning on a validation trip next July all going to plan of course.

You dont need an Australian visa for aphra as for I dont have any and I was registered. Please check the conditions for overseas registrants. Just send them a certified copy of proof of identity that you have. I assume that you have another former registration?

No, we don't have any former registration, we need the visa for two reasons, one to enter the country and present in person, the second to satisfy ID Catagory A (overseas passport with valid Australian visa).

You dont need an Australian visa for aphra as for I dont have any and I was registered. Please check the conditions for overseas registrants. Just send them a certified copy of proof of identity that you have. I assume that you have another former registration?

Hi LaboRN,

Have you presented in AHPRA office with ID? If you are registered fully you should be on the AHPRA register.

Hi LaboRN,

Have you presented in AHPRA office with ID? If you are registered fully you should be on the AHPRA register.

Yes I am currently registered and I havent even been in Australia even once. :)

Archived