Skills assessment

Guest Brendan

Guest Brendan

I am an accountant and I am ready to submit my skills assessment to the assessment body in Australia (ACA).

I have gathered all of the required info (certificates etc) but I am reluctant to get references from current and previous employers as this may affect my position in my current role (my ex employers and current one are closely linked).

Is it possible for me to provide a statutory declaration detailing my work experience from my last 2 jobs which I have carried out for over 10 years.

Cheers

B

Guest kazzy01

Hi Brendan

I'm also an accountant.

You don't really need to send a reference as such, just a letter from your employers to state what the role you have been doing involves, what your salary is etc.

I'm not sure if you can send a statutory declaration or not.

Karen

Karen,

You shouldn't have to provide this detail either - the assessing bodies who assess accountants are simply looking at your accounting qualifications and/or professional qualifications. Work experience generally isn't a factor in the skills assessment process for accountants. At least it isn't for applications submitted to the ICAA (through whom we lodge skills assessment applications for all our accountant clients).

Best regards.

Guest Brendan

Thanks Alan and Karen

I have written a few pages detailing my current and previous roles and I can also include offers of employment and job descriptions. Hopefully that will do the trick.

Cheers

B

Archived