AITSL Skilled Employment Assessment Question

westwoodwizard

According to AITSL, they will only assess overseas candidates who present three years of post qualification experience.

However, there are visas such as 489 which require two years including from overseas candidates. Well, if AITSL will not provide the skilled employment assessment then who can I go to?

Also, I did receive an initial certification to teach in the United States. I taught for three years and during those three years I obtained my Master of Arts in Teaching. I get the sense that AITSL will only consider work experience obtained after my Master of Arts in Teaching.

I still have to check if the 489 visa has the same criteria in terms of the work experience being post qualification or not.

So, I guess I will summarize my questions:

1. Who exactly other than AITSL can assess skilled employment since they will not do it for less than three years and yet there are visas for which 2 years will satisfy?

2. Any chance of me convincing them that my initial teacher certification was an initial qualification to teach?

Don't fully understand your question. Are you asking about a skills assessment or are you asking about getting work experience verified?

If the latter, there is no visa requirement to get work experience verified, DIBP will do it themselves from your employment evidence.

Don't fully understand your question. Are you asking about a skills assessment or are you asking about getting work experience verified?

If the latter, there is no visa requirement to get work experience verified, DIBP will do it themselves from your employment evidence.

It was the latter...the work experience. I do know that AITSL has to do the skills assessment.

Interesting...DIBP does it...in fact that is very interesting...

AITSL also provides the service so I assumed they had to do it.

It was the latter...the work experience. I do know that AITSL has to do the skills assessment.

Interesting...DIBP does it...in fact that is very interesting...

AITSL also provides the service so I assumed they had to do it.

No assessing work experience is a money spinner for assessing authorities. Absolutely no requirement to do it, some people prefer to as they believe it is additional evidence to support their case, but DIBP will make their own decision anyway and can choose to ignore the work experience assessment.

No assessing work experience is a money spinner for assessing authorities. Absolutely no requirement to do it, some people prefer to as they believe it is additional evidence to support their case, but DIBP will make their own decision anyway and can choose to ignore the work experience assessment.

That was very helpful.

I will only know once I apply but before shelling out the money I at least wanted to have some belief that I can pull this off. I am a former GSM Family Sponsored 176 applicant from back in 2009 and with the Cap and Cease 2015 and now the realities of age as a factor in points, well...my options are very limited...I have this small ray of hope with getting in as a secondary maths teacher....

According to AITSL, they will only assess overseas candidates who present three years of post qualification experience.

However, there are visas such as 489 which require two years including from overseas candidates. Well, if AITSL will not provide the skilled employment assessment then who can I go to?

Also, I did receive an initial certification to teach in the United States. I taught for three years and during those three years I obtained my Master of Arts in Teaching. I get the sense that AITSL will only consider work experience obtained after my Master of Arts in Teaching.

I still have to check if the 489 visa has the same criteria in terms of the work experience being post qualification or not.

So, I guess I will summarize my questions:

1. Who exactly other than AITSL can assess skilled employment since they will not do it for less than three years and yet there are visas for which 2 years will satisfy?

2. Any chance of me convincing them that my initial teacher certification was an initial qualification to teach?

So has AITSL changed its stance again? There was no obligation to have teaching experience assessed when I applied 18 months ago. AITSL assessed your qualifications to assess if they were comparable to Oz and work experience was an extra.