Moving from PR to citizenship_children

seabreeze99

Hi everyone,

My family (wife, 2 children, myself) are Australian PR. My wife will be posted overseas for work from early 2017 for 1.5 to 2 years while I continue to work here. Due to nature of my work (some shifts, long hours), it is actually better that my two children accompany my wife overseas.

I will meet residency requirements for citizenship mid 2017 . I understand that the citizenship applicant must be in Australia when the decision is made. Does this rule apply to children under 16 who are tagged to their parents' application?

Regards,

I believe that children under 16 do not need to meet the residency requirements.

Oh dear. Are you any wiser after these two responses. :laugh:

You're usually more knowledgeable than I on these matters Bungo so are probably right.

Thanks for the replies. I ran through a couple of other threads and I think Bungo is right :-)

It appears that citizenship applicants must be in Australia when the decision is made. Would this this rule apply to dependent children who are tagged to their parent's application? This bit is not clear in the DIBP website.

Archived