457 Dependent to PR

stevemac

Hi

I've been on my partners 457 visa while living and working in Sydney for the last 6 months.

I want to move to PR and ultimately get an Oz passport at some point.

Does anyone know the quickest and cheapest way to go about this? I really don't know the options available.

Thanks!

Hi

I've been on my partners 457 visa while living and working in Sydney for the last 6 months.

Does anyone know the quickest and cheapest way to go about this? I really don't know the options available.

Thanks!

You or your partner need to qualify and apply for a permanent visa. The skilled migrant visa is a good and fairly quick option, have you looked into this?

Hi

Thanks!

We opted for 186 Transition stream, this involves your partners work sponsoring them for permanent employment and residency, however your partner would be expected to stay with that company for a minimum of 2 years (This is not mandatory but technically does breach conditions in terms of moral obligations if they were to leave their job within the 2 year period). We collected all the evidence and lodged ourselves it was pretty straight forward with the help of this forum. The application itself cost about 5k. The reason we opted for this is because it seemed less hassle, no skills assessment or english test was required, which wouldn't have been the case if we had opted for direct entry.

Hi

Reading between the lines, do I understand that you want to get PR but your partner doesn't?

As others have said, if your partner does want to go for PR, then the easiest thing is for them to do it, not you. If you are thinking of splitting up, then being on a 457 doesn't give you any advantages - you're going to have to apply from scratch like anyone else.

Archived