Relocating to Australia for work

Shaneyboy72

I would suggest going to seek an opinion from a MARA registered agent and find out with certainty what your options are, and have explained to you what your pathway choices might be. You sound like you are going to need a lot of help working your way through this.

Thanks Tickled Pink lol

We are right at the start of our journey. I have just convinced the missus to go and give it a try with me. My step daughter isn't so enthusiastic because she will miss her dad, but after a chat with him, and him having a chat with her, im sure it will be fine. I am right now starting to look into it with a bit more depth. Hence I came to you's on this forum.

Thanks Tickled Pink lol

We are right at the start of our journey. I have just convinced the missus to go and give it a try with me. My step daughter isn't so enthusiastic because she will miss her dad, but after a chat with him, and him having a chat with her, im sure it will be fine. I am right now starting to look into it with a bit more depth. Hence I came to you's on this forum.

Moving to the other side of the world is a big deal, taking a reluctant 10 year old away from her Father is a tricky one, especially as you say you do not want to do the whole immigration thing.

Be aware that if you come on a temporary visa for four years, the 457, that in most states you will also be required to pay school fees which are around the $5000 a year mark.

Be mindful that there's hundreds of people in your trades scratching around for work over here! I've spoke to so many that have had to uproot the family from one end of Oz to another in the search for work and may have to move on again! Many have been out of work for months! Lots of desperate people willing to do anything! Don't believe the hype that there's a shortage and your skills are in demand, plenty in the que before us mate! Not trying to put you off just wanting to make you aware! :)

Archived