Another nurse question

Vicky Fenton

Hello everybody, this is my first post on here so please be kind :hug:

I am a theatre nurse, doing anaesthetics and recovery nursing. My qualification is a diploma in adult nursing along with the additional modules required to work in theatres.

We are applying for a visa based on my husband's points but I need to know what my chances of getting a job over there are. I have heard that Diploma nurses aren't really recognised, is this true?

Thank you!

Hello everybody, this is my first post on here so please be kind :hug:

I am a theatre nurse, doing anaesthetics and recovery nursing. My qualification is a diploma in adult nursing along with the additional modules required to work in theatres.

We are applying for a visa based on my husband's points but I need to know what my chances of getting a job over there are. I have heard that Diploma nurses aren't really recognised, is this true?

Thank you!

Your chances are zero at the moment. I believe there is some kind of bridging course you can do to upgrade your qualification, I think it is quite expensive but it is an option if you want to work as a nurse.

I just asked my girlfriend about this who is a registered nurse by degree, she has a colleague who she is working with who is a registered nurses and only had diploma qualifications, so there must be a way around this. It's worth contacting APHRA.

I just asked my girlfriend about this who is a registered nurse by degree, she has a colleague who she is working with who is a registered nurses and only had diploma qualifications, so there must be a way around this. It's worth contacting APHRA.

I understand the rules changed in 2014, prior to this diploma qualified were accepted and if they are now already employed/registered then thats ok. But post the 2014 changes diploma won't get through.

Archived