Returning Residents Visa - Job offer required (Brisbane area)

Bee Jay

Hi. I was wondering if somebody could help us please. Our Skilled Independent Visa Subclass 175, expired in November 2015, before we made the move to Oz (due to family reasons). We have been advised that the only way we can still make the move is to apply for a Returning Residents Visa. To do this my husband will require a job offer. Apparently this needs to be a full time and permanent (to satisfy immigration), although he doesn't necessarily have to take up the position once he arrives! Can anybody help us please? We are a desperate 51 year old couple. My husband is a fully qualified plumbing and heating engineer in the UK. Many thanks.

Getting a job offer will be tricky - particularly as his trade is a licensed trade, which means once he arrives in Oz, he will need to requalify and can only work as a trade assistant in the mean time.

However, they are usually pretty lenient with RRV's and I have seen many people get them with no ties at all to Australia. I would just apply for an RRV as I think the worst they are likely to do is give a 12 month RRV

Thank you Verystormy. Is it a case of just filling in a form amd will we need to prove the reason why we didn't take up the visa (which was due to my Dad's illness)? Are the RRV's valid for 12 months?

You might as well just apply and see what happens. Definitely you should provide as much information as you can about why you did not go sooner. If you can get a job offer, then it would help your cause, although I don't think this is black and white and I wouldn't imagine it would mean you would definitely get the RRV anyway.

Archived