Ahpra process

Northeast25

Dear All,

I have recently secured a job offer as a mental health nurse with employer sponsor on a 457. I need to now proceed with the Ahpra registration as a uk degree mental health nurse. Have been looking at the web sight and would appreciate any advice in what order i need to proceed in and any other head up tips I need to know.

Many Thanks:wink:

The process for me was not as bad as I thought after reading lots of posts. Just be really carefully when completing the form, make sure it's filled in correctly, you can't go far wrong with the checklist of what do documents are needed.

I am also a MH nurse and this is what I sent.

ID- passport, driving licence, utility Bill. Diploma and MSc certificate, course transcripts, IELTS test resultsCVAll documents were certified by a notary public

NMC sent my verification direct to AHPRA as did the university stating my course was taught in EnglishPolice checks - just follow the link on the paperwork it's really straightforward (this costs extra)

I sent mine off on the 15th Oct and received a positive outcome on the 7th Jan so pretty quickGood luck

Edited by louloubelle

Hi Northeast25, I am also a mental health nurse and have just had the registration approved in principle. It took a while but as long as you check everything and use the checklist like louloubelle said you can't go wrong. One of the first things I done was sit the ielts test.

Dear All,

Having read the "SECTION C: Proof of identity". I have more questions.....

Need to provide one document from each of categories (A, B and C, and D if necessary) is required. I can provide one from B,C and D. The sticking point is from A the `

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD]Overseas passport

[/TD]

[TD]Overseas passport with current Australian visa

Note: DIAC will not accept an EU card in place of an overseas passport`

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Australian visa[/TD]

[TD]Australian visa, current at time of entry to Australia as resident or tourist, showing your name/former name[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

I've read the information about application outcomes and can see that I would be registered but it would be in principle until I provided either of the above items in person to an AHPRA office. Has anyone encountered this and is the only way to achieve this, is to wait til I get the 457 and then fly 10,000 miles to attend an office in person or can I then send visa to AHPRA? :wink:

`

Dear All,

Having read the "SECTION C: Proof of identity". I have more questions.....

Need to provide one document from each of categories (A, B and C, and D if necessary) is required. I can provide one from B,C and D. The sticking point is from A the `

[TABLE=class: cms_table]

[TR]

[TD]Overseas passport[/TD]

[TD]Overseas passport with current Australian visa

Note: DIAC will not accept an EU card in place of an overseas passport`[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Australian visa[/TD]

[TD]Australian visa, current at time of entry to Australia as resident or tourist, showing your name/former name[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

I've read the information about application outcomes and can see that I would be registered but it would be in principle until I provided either of the above items in person to an AHPRA office. Has anyone encountered this and is the only way to achieve this, is to wait til I get the 457 and then fly 10,000 miles to attend an office in person or can I then send visa to AHPRA?

Hi. Sorry to jump on thread but I am confused. I have my transcripts to send to Ahpra and I have completed the academic ielts which I will send a copy of also. Do I also need my uni to send a letter confirming that my course was OBVIOUSLY taught in English if it doesn't state this with the transcripts they have already sent me? Thanks