Approximate time period to get invitation

henryolonga

Hello,

I have submitted an EOI with 60 points for visa category 189 on 13/04/2016.

On the same date (13/04/2016), in the same EOI, I have shown interest for the visa category 190 as well with 65 points in total. (60 + 5 "SS").

My occupation is developer/programmer.

Any idea about estimated time period to get the invitation?

In the last week of May 2016, my score will increase with 5 more points. The point score for 189 visa will be 65 and for 190 will be 70 (i.e. "65 + 5 SS"). Therefore, I will update my EOI in last week of May 2016.

Please provide your valuable comments on estimated time period to get the invitation.

Many thanks,

Henry

Don't you have to submit two EOI s for 189 and 190 separately?

Sent from my SM-J500F using Tapatalk

thanks for the replies.

Well, I guess that in a single EOI, a candidate can apply (by putting a tick on check box) for both visa categories (i.e. 189 and 190).

There is a happy news that I have received an email today with following subject:

"Invitation to apply for NSW nomination for a subclass 190 visa"

As per content in the email, the invitation is valid for 14 days.

Please advise if this means that I can get a bridging visa as soon as I reply to this invitation ?

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Henry

thanks for the replies.

Well, I guess that in a single EOI, a candidate can apply (by putting a tick on check box) for both visa categories (i.e. 189 and 190).

There is a happy news that I have received an email today with following subject:

"Invitation to apply for NSW nomination for a subclass 190 visa"

As per content in the email, the invitation is valid for 14 days.

Please advise if this means that I can get a bridging visa as soon as I reply to this invitation ?

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Henry

No you do not get a bridging visa because you have applied for state sponsorship.

To get a bridging visa you need to be already in Australia on a substantive visa and then need to apply for the 189/190 or another onshore substantive visa. The bridging visa then comes in force when the existing visa expires.

No you do not get a bridging visa because you have applied for state sponsorship.

To get a bridging visa you need to be already in Australia on a substantive visa and then need to apply for the 189/190 or another onshore substantive visa. The bridging visa then comes in force when the existing visa expires.

Many thanks for the response.

Currently, I am in Sydney, Australia. I have a 572 visa. My visa expires in the last week of June 2016.

Please elucidate if I will be granted a bridging visa ?

I believe that you are advising that I need to wait for the outcome of this invitation which will take roughly about 3 months. Please correct me if I am wrong.

I think if nominated, then I will receive a SkillSelect invitation to apply for the 190 visa. At this point of time, if I am in Australia on 572 visa, I may get a bridging visa ?

Bundles of thanks in advance,

Regards,

Henry

Many thanks for the response.

Currently, I am in Sydney, Australia. I have a 572 visa. My visa expires in the last week of June 2016.

Please elucidate if I will be granted a bridging visa ?

I believe that you are advising that I need to wait for the outcome of this invitation which will take roughly about 3 months. Please correct me if I am wrong.

I think if nominated, then I will receive a SkillSelect invitation to apply for the 190 visa. At this point of time, if I am in Australia on 572 visa, I may get a bridging visa ?

Bundles of thanks in advance,

Regards,

Henry

I have already answered this question, please refer to my post above..

• 3 weeks later...
I have already answered this question, please refer to my post above..

Hello,

I got the nomination back, received an invitation to apply for the 190, and planning to lodge the application within next 15 days. My visa expires in the last week of June 2016.

I have couple of questions. Could you please respond with your valuable comments on these issues:

1) In order to get a bridging visa, do I need to apply and complete application through Skill Select? As soon as I will complete the application, the bridging visa will be automatically granted to me?

If yes, will this be briding visa A or B

2) Since due to some very crucial personal/family reasons, I am planning to travel overseas in the last week of this month (May 2016), should I ask the department to issue me a briding visa B?

If yes, what is the maximum length of the bridging visa or maximum time period I can stay overseas?

(i.e. The maximum time period in which I can stay at my home country)

3) Since the application status in skill select has been updated to "invited" from "submitted" and there is "Apply Visa" button enabled, Once I click it, I believe that it will ask for general and basic questions.

When will be the stage of PCC and medical come into play in my case.

I do not have words to express my gratitude for all the valuable comments provided to me by you and other participants of this forum.

Cheers,

Henry

Hello,

I got the nomination back, received an invitation to apply for the 190, and planning to lodge the application within next 15 days. My visa expires in the last week of June 2016.

I have couple of questions. Could you please respond with your valuable comments on these issues:

1) In order to get a bridging visa, do I need to apply and complete application through Skill Select? As soon as I will complete the application, the bridging visa will be automatically granted to me?

If yes, will this be briding visa A or B

2) Since due to some very crucial personal/family reasons, I am planning to travel overseas in the last week of this month (May 2016), should I ask the department to issue me a briding visa B?

If yes, what is the maximum length of the bridging visa or maximum time period I can stay overseas?

(i.e. The maximum time period in which I can stay at my home country)

3) Since the application status in skill select has been updated to "invited" from "submitted" and there is "Apply Visa" button enabled, Once I click it, I believe that it will ask for general and basic questions.

When will be the stage of PCC and medical come into play in my case.

I do not have words to express my gratitude for all the valuable comments provided to me by you and other participants of this forum.

Cheers,

Henry

You need to take care with your timings. Comments on your points, same numbering.

1. When you lodge the visa application onshore a bridging visa A will automatically be set up in the background. But you will not be on this visa until the current visa expires, which you say is in June.

2. If you plan to make a short trip and return before the current visa expires you will not need a bridging visa B as you will be travelling on your current visa. However what you need to do, is ensure that the BVA in the background is back in place when you return. Whilst it will not be live when you go away, it will be cancelled when you deoart the country so you need to get it reinstated when you get back as you will need it in June. This wont be an issue, it is just something you need to do. If you are planning to go away for a longer time, beyond the current visa expiry, then yes I guess you need to go and get that BVA which is only in the background at the moment, changed into a BVB. I have no idea how you go about that or even if it is possible. I would probably go into an immigration office to sort it out.

3. I don't understand what you are asking here. Do you mean when should you do medicals and PCC? I guess when you like or when you are asked.

You need to take care with your timings. Comments on your points, same numbering.

1. When you lodge the visa application onshore a bridging visa A will automatically be set up in the background. But you will not be on this visa until the current visa expires, which you say is in June.

2. If you plan to make a short trip and return before the current visa expires you will not need a bridging visa B as you will be travelling on your current visa. However what you need to do, is ensure that the BVA in the background is back in place when you return. Whilst it will not be live when you go away, it will be cancelled when you deoart the country so you need to get it reinstated when you get back as you will need it in June. This wont be an issue, it is just something you need to do. If you are planning to go away for a longer time, beyond the current visa expiry, then yes I guess you need to go and get that BVA which is only in the background at the moment, changed into a BVB. I have no idea how you go about that or even if it is possible. I would probably go into an immigration office to sort it out.

3. I don't understand what you are asking here. Do you mean when should you do medicals and PCC? I guess when you like or when you are asked.

Many thanks for the valuable comments.

My reply with points numbering as below:

2) Honestly speaking, I am planning to stay for a longer period of time (4 months or so). In fact, there can be a scenario in which I may stay till I obtain the outcome of my 190 visa application. I don't know whether I should say it or not but I am trying to get a chance that if something wrong happens (say rejection due to any reason), I want to setup an opportunity/chance to come back to Australia with an option of review of the decision. That what all matters to me. Please correct me if I am wrong as I believe that if one files the case overseas, he/she does not have this facility of review of the decision. I guess this can only be obtained once u file the case onshore and have a bridging visa B. Apologies if I am wrong.

3) When will I be asked to do medicals and PCC? After completing the application in Skill select, whether my case will be allocated to a visa officer and I need to wait for his advise on when to do medicals and PCC

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Henry

Archived