Skill assessment

Wilson16

Hi,

I have 10 years work experience as IT systems administrator and have Microsoft certification from november 2012.

I had my ACS assessment done and in the letter they put ' all listed employment after november 2012 are acceptable for your choosen skill as systems administrator.'

Does it mean I can only claim 3years as my work experience instead of 10 for a visa?

thank you for help,

Wilson

Hi,

I have 10 years work experience as IT systems administrator and have Microsoft certification from november 2012.

I had my ACS assessment done and in the letter they put ' all listed employment after november 2012 are acceptable for your choosen skill as systems administrator.'

Does it mean I can only claim 3years as my work experience instead of 10 for a visa?

thank you for help,

Wilson

Sounds like it. Do you have a degree in IT or other qualifications? If so when did you acquire these?

No I dont have a degree. I have Microsoft certification, MCITP, MCSA in windows 7 from november 2012. It was assessed by ACS as a diploma in It major.

Wilson

OK well they only take post qualification experience so if there was nothing earlier then it is only from November 2012.

How are you doing for points?

OK well they only take post qualification experience so if there was nothing earlier then it is only from November 2012.

According to this document, that is not true. The work expereince doesn't have to be after your certification. See page 4 - https://www.acs.org.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0020/7319/Skills-Assessment-Guidelines-for-Applicants.pdf

"If your Diploma or Vendor Certification is assessed as having an ICT major which is closelyrelated to your nominated occupation, you will require 5 years relevant work experiencecompleted within the past 10 years or 6 years relevant work experience completed anytime inyour past work history (whichever provides the earliest skill date) to meet the suitability criteria."

Wilson, They will not accept those Microsoft Certifications you have, they are not recognized. You will need an MCSE or if you went down the Cisco route a CCNP is also acceptable. See page 10 of the link above. Did you have another job prior to November 2012?

According to this document, that is not true. The work expereince doesn't have to be after your certification. See page 4 - https://www.acs.org.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0020/7319/Skills-Assessment-Guidelines-for-Applicants.pdf

"If your Diploma or Vendor Certification is assessed as having an ICT major which is closelyrelated to your nominated occupation, you will require 5 years relevant work experiencecompleted within the past 10 years or 6 years relevant work experience completed anytime inyour past work history (whichever provides the earliest skill date) to meet the suitability criteria."

Wilson, They will not accept those Microsoft Certifications you have, they are not recognized. You will need an MCSE or if you went down the Cisco route a CCNP is also acceptable. See page 10 of the link above. Did you have another job prior to November 2012?

For the visa application, the experience needs to be post qualification, which is what is being referred to here.

And it sounds like OP already has a positive skills assessment so who is it that you believe will not accept the qualifications?

Archived