Processing time for 100 visa

triplee

Hi everyone - I'd really appreciate a bit of info, if anyone can help.

I've just hit the 2 year mark from submitting my application for the subclass 309 visa and have been invited to progress my application for permanent residency (100).

We have recently had a baby and we're keen to apply for a mortgage - I'm not eligible to be included on the loan unless I'm a permanent resident.

Do you know a ballpark on how long this process might take, as looks like we're going to have to adjust our expectations :-(

Many thanks

Processing time for the 100 visa is currently 6-8 months. Some people on this forum have received their visa quicker than this, and others have been waiting longer / much longer.

WOW! oh well, scratch that plan then lol

Yep, the time is seeming to vary these days. Used to be a pretty clear cut 6-9 months but now it seems it could be much longer.

Best you can do is lodge asap for the second stage, upload all your supporting evidence etc that will be required and sit and wait.

Processing time for the 100 visa is currently 6-8 months. Some people on this forum have received their visa quicker than this, and others have been waiting longer / much longer.

Quoted processing time may be 6-8 months but in reality it can be much much longer. we are heading for 11 months now and our agent has warned timelines in reality are now 12-15 for most applicants.

Quoted processing time may be 6-8 months but in reality it can be much much longer. we are heading for 11 months now and our agent has warned timelines in reality are now 12-15 for most applicants.

Isn't the OP asking about the second stage? As I recall it took about a month or so for us, and that was less than a year ago.

Yes - and we're talking about the second stage as well. This is how long it's taking these days!

We applied offshore and at around the same time as Nemesis. Presumably it's the offshore bit that saved us 10+ months of waiting...

Isn't the OP asking about the second stage? As I recall it took about a month or so for us, and that was less than a year ago.

I AM talking about the second stage.My husband is on a 309 waiting for his 100 to be granted. With the timeline getting longer by the day we can no longer deal with the uncertainty (being in our 50s) and are looking at giving up and going home.

I AM talking about the second stage.My husband is on a 309 waiting for his 100 to be granted. With the timeline getting longer by the day we can no longer deal with the uncertainty (being in our 50s) and are looking at giving up and going home.

I don't get the uncertainty aspect. If you are still a couple, have provided or can provide the required supporting evidence etc then the PR stage is a formality and will happen. I've yet to hear of anyone failing to gain the PR stage who is still with their spouse and all that. Only those who have split up or some such. You are so close and it could come through anytime, and the first stage of the visa isn't going anywhere, it's valid unil the PR comes through. You've come so far it seems almost crazy to throw in the towel now when a grant could happen in the next couple of months.

You can be on or off shore for the second stage grant can't you? So could go to the UK and return if you wanted/needed to at a later date.

I don't get the uncertainty aspect. If you are still a couple, have provided or can provide the required supporting evidence etc then the PR stage is a formality and will happen. I've yet to hear of anyone failing to gain the PR stage who is still with their spouse and all that. Only those who have split up or some such. You are so close and it could come through anytime, and the first stage of the visa isn't going anywhere, it's valid unil the PR comes through. You've come so far it seems almost crazy to throw in the towel now when a grant could happen in the next couple of months.

You can be on or off shore for the second stage grant can't you? So could go to the UK and return if you wanted/needed to at a later date.

its complicated......I have a paranoid husband who is convinced the longer they take, the less likely it is to be granted. Plus he currently work in the UK for art of the year, and Aus for the other half, not wanting to move permanently until he has PR. When he gets PR we will be moving to somewhere more remote - he's eyeing up places like Geraldton, Broome, Alice, more unusual towns, but I'm not moving out to the back of beyond without him. Once I move my salary will take nosedive and I reckon we can only really afford one bick move - and to be honest, at our age we don't want to keep ping-ponging, it has to be a final decision.

I'm tired of keeping shoeboxes full of stuff in case they want more evidence, and I'm tired of being given an ever longer timeline. Wish we had waited till we had been married longer and just got the 100 straightaway.

And I have been scaring myself recently surfing the net for visa grants and finding a couple of forums where many spouses aren't getting PR, or are having to go through an appeal which adds another year or more.

just received my 100 (PR) visa grant today - so it took 6-7 months to be processed.

Congratulations! Very pleased for you!

We emailed them and asked if they wanted any more info, as we are now well over the quoted timeline, but have had no reply. No visa either. Reckon its fate trying to tell us something so stuff it, we are going home.

Congratulations! Very pleased for you!

We emailed them and asked if they wanted any more info, as we are now well over the quoted timeline, but have had no reply. No visa either. Reckon its fate trying to tell us something so stuff it, we are going home.

It's bizarre. It's almost like yours has fallen down the back of the filing cabinet in DIBP... Really hope that you hear something soon!

It's bizarre. It's almost like yours has fallen down the back of the filing cabinet in DIBP... Really hope that you hear something soon!

I think the same. Its almost like you've been lost in the system. I can't think of anyone waiting so long. And I can't say the system has slowed that much if grants are coming through like yours.

It's bizarre. It's almost like yours has fallen down the back of the filing cabinet in DIBP... Really hope that you hear something soon![/quote}

I think the same. Its almost like you've been lost in the system. I can't think of anyone waiting so long. And I can't say the system has slowed that much if grants are coming through like yours.

Hubby is convinced we are going to be refused and thats why they are ignoring emails now as well as not processing it. He thinks we are blacklisted or something!!

@snifter

I dont think you realize how unsettling it is waiting for your permanent residency. My partner and I have just been told our pre-approval for our home loan has been declined because of my temporary visa status, my employer has just made someone permanent over me simply because they couldn't hire me and my life for all intent and purposes is well and truly on hold!

Nemesis I do hope it comes through for you soon, chin up! these things have a way of working themselves out! trust me!

Hubby is convinced we are going to be refused and thats why they are ignoring emails now as well as not processing it. He thinks we are blacklisted or something!!

Just a thought, dunno if it's possible... but I wonder if it might be worth withdrawing your application and reapplying with a UK address (you did say your hubby hadn't moved over permanently yet...?) As I said above, we applied at the same time as you - but offshore - and had a completely different experience: we were emailed twice by the DIBP before we'd even finished uploading the evidence and got the visa grant in less than a month. We're only 'de-facto' too, not married...

@snifter

I dont think you realize how unsettling it is waiting for your permanent residency. My partner and I have just been told our pre-approval for our home loan has been declined because of my temporary visa status, my employer has just made someone permanent over me simply because they couldn't hire me and my life for all intent and purposes is well and truly on hold!

Nemesis I do hope it comes through for you soon, chin up! these things have a way of working themselves out! trust me!

I do realise. We've lived with visa waits in the past so I am not immune from it all and what it entails for a person and a couple.

But then there is also a part me of that thinks that when you apply you know the first stage of the visa is a temp visa, you know what that lot is with the temp partner visa and are prepared to live with it till such time as PR does come through. Its not always roses, yes things can be crappy but there is an end point and PR (so long as all criteria etc met etc) and till that time you can remain in Aus. The partner visa temp stage doesn't expire like other temp visas that some people are in Aus on. That waiting aspect, I can appreciate isn't fun for anyone. And that it can mean certain jobs or employment is missed out on, as is getting a mortgage for some (we've been there before as a couple due to visas). I just read on a mortgage site that they do offer mortgages to people on a partner visa (they list the visa types also) but I'd think the mortgage lender you approached may not have the same policy. Out of interest did you go via one of the main banks? They tend to have much stricter criteria and can't be flexible as some other lenders might. Our broker was brilliant and knew where to go when we wanted a mortgage but hubby was self employed and the main banks wouldn't consider us.

The amount of times I have posted on here explaining the temp partner visa aspect and that it can mean employment is hard to come by and other things. Its does mean there are perhaps going to be restrictions on the partner for a fair while and I can only hope people applying really take on board what this can mean to their lives for the next few years. I think perhaps some underestimate what it can mean, others perhaps not realise or even consider it. And even if they do, the reality could well be much harder to live with than they had anticipated. I think in all the applying, waiting and so on, often people overlook certain aspects or think it isn't going to be so bad. Only once you are living it, for some the reality sucks. For others its not a bad experience. Everyone is different, even on partner visas.

I feel for Nemesis as I know they have been waiting a long time, which when you read of others getting their second stage 6 or 7 months after lodging their paperwork, it is really unfair and must be incredibly hard. And I hope it comes through for them. Given when they applied the wait time was around the 6 month mark for the second stage approval, that they have been left this long is terrible and I only wish they could get to the bottom of it. I really do think the system has for some reason lost them, especially as others are getting grants so much sooner.

Just a thought, dunno if it's possible... but I wonder if it might be worth withdrawing your application and reapplying with a UK address (you did say your hubby hadn't moved over permanently yet...?) As I said above, we applied at the same time as you - but offshore - and had a completely different experience: we were emailed twice by the DIBP before we'd even finished uploading the evidence and got the visa grant in less than a month. We're only 'de-facto' too, not married...

To do that though we would have to withdraw the whole application, and stump up over $7000 (on top of whatever the fee was when we applied originally). We could then resubmit using the address he stays at in the UK and we've now been married long enough to get PR straightaway instead of the 309 first, but I'm not sure we could afford it all over again for starters - another medical, more police checks, you know how it adds up!

Our original 309 took about 9-10 months in the UK

I feel for Nemesis as I know they have been waiting a long time, which when you read of others getting their second stage 6 or 7 months after lodging their paperwork, it is really unfair and must be incredibly hard. And I hope it comes through for them. Given when they applied the wait time was around the 6 month mark for the second stage approval, that they have been left this long is terrible and I only wish they could get to the bottom of it. I really do think the system has for some reason lost them, especially as others are getting grants so much sooner.

thank you.

We are aware of all the issues with jobs (and mortgages even though they doesn't enter into our plans) and we were both aware of the temporary nature of the first stage of the visa. What sucks for us is having applied just as the timelines for the 309 got longer, took that on the chin, even though it left us a choice of him validating at 2 weeks notice or doing his medical again. Then we've been caught by the 100 as well with timelines growing - and yet with some lucky people getting visas in line with the original timeline we were quoted.

Starting to suck big time.

And then you read some people going for skills visas moaning because they have been waiting 3 weeks.....!

I guess if its not to be, its not too be, we could just do with settling somewhere, having got together quite late in life!

thank you.

We are aware of all the issues with jobs (and mortgages even though they doesn't enter into our plans) and we were both aware of the temporary nature of the first stage of the visa. What sucks for us is having applied just as the timelines for the 309 got longer, took that on the chin, even though it left us a choice of him validating at 2 weeks notice or doing his medical again. Then we've been caught by the 100 as well with timelines growing - and yet with some lucky people getting visas in line with the original timeline we were quoted.

Starting to suck big time.

And then you read some people going for skills visas moaning because they have been waiting 3 weeks.....!

I guess if its not to be, its not too be, we could just do with settling somewhere, having got together quite late in life!

Hi @Nemesis

im not sure which email you would have sent to - just wanted to give you another in case your contact is different. My partner received his email from:

qld.pp.processing@border.gov.au

and it says at the bottom to direct any further enquirers by return email so it seems like that one is monitored. Perhaps you already have this address, but I hadn't come across it in any other threads so just wanted to drop it in, in case. Still sending positive vibes your way :)

Hi @Nemesis

im not sure which email you would have sent to - just wanted to give you another in case your contact is different. My partner received his email from:

qld.pp.processing@border.gov.au

and it says at the bottom to direct any further enquirers by return email so it seems like that one is monitored. Perhaps you already have this address, but I hadn't come across it in any other threads so just wanted to drop it in, in case. Still sending positive vibes your way :)

thanks for that, but yes, thats where I've been emailing. We do get an automatic reply, telling us the 6-8 month timeline and a load of other bumpf so the messages are going somewhere!

I have a friendly agent who has given us advice in the past so our last ditch attempt this week will be to officially engage him and pay him to see if he can get anything out of them.

I know this is going to sound daft but have you check your OH's visa staus on VEVO? Given that you aren't getting any responses to your emails (other than the auto replies) I'm wondering if they are getting stopped somewhere by your provider, in which case a visa grant email may have gone missing as well. Fingers crossed for you guys.

I know this is going to sound daft but have you check your OH's visa staus on VEVO? Given that you aren't getting any responses to your emails (other than the auto replies) I'm wondering if they are getting stopped somewhere by your provider, in which case a visa grant email may have gone missing as well. Fingers crossed for you guys.

Yeah according toVEVO the 309 is still in effect.

We also no its going nowhere fast as on our Immiaccount, on the application page it says This application has been received by the department but has not been assigned for assessment. The department may contact the applicant once assessment of your application begins if further information is required.

So as you can guess, with that sitting there after over 10 months, we reckon its not looking hopeful!

Archived