Applying for citizenship - will my kids have to apply themselves?

JEM44

Hi, just sitting here thinking of some more questions before we fly in a few weeks. We move at the end of May with two kids (13&15) so assuming we have to be there for 4-5 years before we can apply for citizenship, our kids will be 18&19/20. Does this mean that as adults, they will have to take their citizen tests themselves or will they still be on our application as our kids from our visa application?

Thanks

Laura

Hi, just sitting here thinking of some more questions before we fly in a few weeks. We move at the end of May with two kids (13&15) so assuming we have to be there for 4-5 years before we can apply for citizenship, our kids will be 18&19/20. Does this mean that as adults, they will have to take their citizen tests themselves or will they still be on our application as our kids from our visa application?

Thanks

Laura

Themselves. It is only under 16s that can go on parents citizenship application.

Probably the wrong thread but can't find the "right one"

Can anyone show me a character reference template for citizenship please. I've looked online but again can't find anything.

TIA.

Never heard of that. I certainly did not provide a character reference.

It requires "good character documents"

im obviously wrong to assume this means a reference.... :arghh:

I believe by this they mean police checks. They will organise the Australian one themselves and you don't need to do anything. If you have lived anywhere else for more than twelve months since getting your permanent visa then you would need to organise that yourself. No character references.

Guest paulthepom

You don't need a current passport, out of four of us, only one of our passports is current. An expired passport still contains the identity info required for your application.

I started t apply online and an error came up as I don't hold any current travel documents to proceed with application.

"Does this applicant have any other passports or documents for travel? Other documents may include Titre de Voyage, PLO56, DFTTA or ImmiCards."

Does this applicant have any other passports or documents for travel? Other documents may include Titre de Voyage, PLO56, DFTTA or ImmiCards.YesNo

Archived