187 Visa Requirements

Hi All,

Such a wealth of knowledgeable people on this site so I am hoping someone can give me a break down for me the requirements to be eligible for a 187 visa.

I am British and 40 years old, not sure if the requirements change with age etc...

Things such like:

Is it points tested

Would I need an employer to sponsor me for this visa, or can you apply independently

Do I need a skills assessment & or ILETS (if I have an Australian qualification)

Do you need to prove so many years work experience to qualify or is just the qualification enough

How long are you committed to the company that sponsor you (if not applied for independently)

Thank you in advance to anyone that has information that may help, and if I have missed anything that could be relevant then I would be grateful to hear about that too. All the best :-)

Is it points tested

No.

Would I need an employer to sponsor me for this visa, or can you apply independently

You need an employer to nominate you.

Do I need a skills assessment & or ILETS (if I have an Australian qualification)

If you have a British passport, IELTS should not be required.

Skills assessment will depend on factors such as the occupation you are nominating.

Do you need to prove so many years work experience to qualify or is just the qualification enough

Again, it will depend.

How long are you committed to the company that sponsor you (if not applied for independently)

2 years.

Hi All,

Such a wealth of knowledgeable people on this site so I am hoping someone can give me a break down for me the requirements to be eligible for a 187 visa.

I am British and 40 years old, not sure if the requirements change with age etc...

Things such like:

Is it points tested

Thank you in advance to anyone that has information that may help, and if I have missed anything that could be relevant then I would be grateful to hear about that too. All the best :-)

To to your questions in order.

no.

yes, the 187 is an emoloyer sponsored visa!

yes

Yes

two years.