Ancestory visa

JazzyAbby

Hi, does anyone have any knowledge on the ancestory visa?

i had ruled it out as an option for us as my grandfather is not listed on my mothers birth certificate.

however I've ordered a copy of his death certificate.

IF my mother is listed as being a daughter on my grandfathers death certificate do you think I could use it along with my grandfathers birth certificate, my mothers birth certificate and my birth certificate to prove my claim to ancestory??

thanks for any help

Ancestry visa?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's a visa people with a British grandparent can get to live and work in the UK. Unless it's changed since my OH got one it means you can live and work in the UK for 4 years.

It's a visa people with a British grandparent or parentcan get to live and work in the UK. Unless it's changed since my OH got one it means you can live and work in the UK indefinitely

It must have changed a little. My partner spent 12 years in the UK with permanent right to abode through because of an ancestry visa through her mother.

Yeah Ancestry, not my best spell check attempt, it gives you five years and you can extend for another five years then attempt ILR.

you can apply for it using a grandparent who was born in the uk if you are a citizen of a commonwealth nation.

just trying to find out if a death certificate could be used to claim the ancestry

Archived