Nurse needing advice/support

sallyandcharlie

Hi All,

We are new to this site. myself and my Wife are starting the very confusing visa process to move to Australia (NSW). I am a nurse who qualified in 2009 so I am looking for any other nurses out there who are doing the same just to have someone to talk to about the whole process! I am just looking into taking my IELTS test so I can apply to anmac. what process are you up to? any advice?:wink:

My wife is a nurse just at the start of the journey too. She has just sent off Ahpra application. We're hoping to get full registration then apply for modified skills assessment. I have been doing most the paperwork though and the unbelievable amount of research and background reading. This site is great though. So much advice.

Hi All,

We are new to this site. myself and my Wife are starting the very confusing visa process to move to Australia (NSW). I am a nurse who qualified in 2009 so I am looking for any other nurses out there who are doing the same just to have someone to talk to about the whole process! I am just looking into taking my IELTS test so I can apply to anmac. what process are you up to? any advice?:wink:

Just checking that you are degree qualified as you will need to do additional modules if not.

Hi Charlotte,

I am wanting to apply for the 189 visa also. we are hoping to live in NSW (my brother in-law lives in Sydney. My back ground is in district nursing however for the past year I have worked in the field of continence. I am just bewildered of where to begin do I need the IELTS test? what order do I apply for thing in,

My wife is a nurse just at the start of the journey too. She has just sent off Ahpra application. We're hoping to get full registration then apply for modified skills assessment. I have been doing most the paperwork though and the unbelievable amount of research and background reading. This site is great though. So much advice.

Are you planning on going to Oz to complete registration before anmac and visa?

I had planned on this route but couldn't do modified anmac as was not presenting in Oz to finalise APHRA registration. You need this for the modified version.

I sent anmac full and ahpra applications off together, I've now got provisional registration until I present in Sydney office with proof of and visa to finalise, at the latest next Jan.

Hi Charlotte,

I am wanting to apply for the 189 visa also. we are hoping to live in NSW (my brother in-law lives in Sydney. My back ground is in district nursing however for the past year I have worked in the field of continence. I am just bewildered of where to begin do I need the IELTS test? what order do I apply for thing in,

Im a district nurse myself and hoping to get practice nurse or clinic job, been told probably won't get hospital ward job as not recent experience. I'm also planning on Sydney as we have friends there.

i needed ielts for anmac and it also helped with APHRA as this for proof of English language rather than having to get proof from all education as far back as primary school was going to be a headache so I went the easiest route. I am using an agent so she has been advising us all the way.

The ielts was ok, I would say to do lots of practice papers and time yourself when doing them, you'd be surprised how quick the time goes for the reading and writing.I bought books with CDs from amazon and also joined a free online programme for my practice. I passed first time last July. I'm not great at English despite it being my only language and not having a GCSE in English, so if I can pass you'll be fine. I only got a overall average of 7.5 but was so happy to have passed it enough for anmac and ahpra.

I did- ielts, anmac, APHRA visa.

ahpra can be done after visa or before, if you get your visa first you will get full registration straightaway, otherwise you will need to present in Australia with visa to complete registration, but you will get up to one year max to do this.

Good luck

Are you planning on going to Oz to complete registration before anmac and visa?

I had planned on this route but couldn't do modified anmac as was not presenting in Oz to finalise APHRA registration. You need this for the modified version.

I sent anmac full and ahpra applications off together, I've now got provisional registration until I present in Sydney office with proof of and visa to finalise, at the latest next Jan.

HI yes, we are hoping to gain full AHPRA registration as we have provided ID for each category requested. if we do only get provisional registration then we will make a trip to visit friends and finalise registration, open bank account etc. before doing the modified skills assessment with anmac. others have finalised without presenting in person so hopefully we will manage it too.

I think it depends on the CO you get as it doesn't state you need to have an Australian address specifically. There has been people on here and other forums successfully do it without presenting but we will visit if need be to do it.

Hi! I'm a community mental health nurse in the process of applying for a 189 visa. I'm waiting for a response from ANMAC and I received registration in principle notification from AHPRA this morning.

I found IELTS ok..my only advice would be to read some practice pieces beforehand because the points (particularly for the writing) are scored very much on how they want the answer to be presented. Good luck! :) x

Hello! I am an A&E nurse, newly qualified last year, awaiting my 189 Visa :) IELTS was OK, just practice lots!! I used my results for AHPRA however, missed out on all 8s, so done the PTE for ANMAC visa points. Found the PTE much easier, and native-English-friendly.

I sent off AHPRA and ANMAC at the same time, got both back in record time :) So expression of interest for the 189 visa went in with 65 points, and I was invited in the next round, to apply for the visa. So now I wait......... :)

I'm hoping to go to South Australia, but would like to work in a small rural/remote hospital eventually.

Archived