Swings and Roundabouts

Patphillips47

Looking at the £ to $ again and the £ is dropping like a stone

leaves us in a bind we had an offer on our house a few thousand lower than we are asking

But do we take it ,cut our losses and transfer the funds to Oz or ride it out and wait and see what happens

How I wish we had a chrysal ball but I bet there is a few of us saying just that !

It means our Aussie pensions going into our UK bank next week will be higher

But when we go back to Oz and our UK pension goes back to being paid in Oz that goes lower

Thinking thinking !

I have stopped looking at the exchange rate for now because it makes me want to cry :frown: I know they say you should never count on an exchange rate but I keep thinking if only we had sold our house last year. What if's :wub: Luckily we have been transferring some over each month for a while now so have had some benefit of a better rate, but now we have the money from the house sale. Like you we are now trying to decide whether to transfer the funds to Oz or ride it out and wait and see what happens. It's a tough one.

Trying to stay positive, I still keep saying to myself it is better than it was when we visited in 2014. I think we got around 1.75 ish then.

Unfortunately the pound is likely only heading in one direction that is down as the EU vote approaches. How far who knows but the leadup to the EU vote will I expect create some panic in the currency market.

Archived