Student Visa, Bridging Visa, and Partner Visa

EllieJV

Hi, basically I'm having doubts about my plans just because if they're wrong it will effect years of my life.

The plan is to finish my Graphic Design Extended Diploma the UK. I finish June 2016. Then I'm changing course to Accounting. Either level 2, or level 3 diploma. (Depending if my Graphic Design extended diploma is acceptable as "or equivalent" for the level 3 diploma.

I'll apply for the student visa to study Accounting diploma or advanced diploma (Depending how study in the UK goes). I plan on working part time.

A year into the student visa, I plan on applying for the de facto visa, and Bridging Visa A. I'll be living with my partner for a year around then. We'll have been together almost 3 years when I apply. (We take turns to visit each other each summer). I know this visa takes up to 15 months for a decision, but after my student visa ends, can I work full time on the bridging visa? I was planning on aiming for a bank job.

2 years on the temporary de facto visa, I would apply for the permanent. I couldn't find any fees for this? Does anyone know them? I'd continue the full time bank job if possible.

After getting the permanent visa, I'd like to go back into education. (Waiting for cheaper costs). I'd either do the advanced diploma and/or bachelor. I'd also go back to part time work, staying at the bank if possible.

Then 2 years after having the permanent visa, I would apply for citizenship, and also sponsor my mum to move out on the Contributory Parent Visa 173, and after I finish education, try for full time accountancy jobs.

Does that sound like it'd work? I'm unsure on the parent visa, but we are aiming for the one that is £25k.

Ellie, you've posted here before and I have basically the same advice now: if your mother is wealthy enough to be able to afford the Parent Visa, and she supports your plans, then ask her to lend you the money for a good migration agent, like one of the ones who are on these forums.

Your plan is complicated, and has a lot of potential pitfalls, and since it's such a vitally important life decision, it's silly not to get expert advice.

Agree with the above. Consult an agent. I think you are putting far too much onto the visas and not enough on other aspects.

Visa rules change constantly and you can't plan ahead banking it's all going to stay the same.

Have you considered applying for a WHV as a student visa is expensive as is the partner visa.

Agree with the above. Consult an agent. I think you are putting far too much onto the visas and not enough on other aspects.

Visa rules change constantly and you can't plan ahead banking it's all going to stay the same.

Have you considered applying for a WHV as a student visa is expensive as is the partner visa.

It's the obvious and sensible solution but it was suggested on her other thread and she doesn't want to delay her studies.

Thanks, I would definitely get an agent for the visas after the student visa. (The course I'm going to be doing has a streamlined visa scheme, seems straight forward as far as I know)

Honestly I think I just like talking about my plans because I'm excited haha

Archived