Mandurah

Big A

Hi,I'm going to be arriving in WA at the end of the year on a 489 regional visa and I am thinking of Meadow springs ,Mandurah area.I am a welder and my wife is a planner for the NHS .Anyone out there that can give me some advice on the job situation,would be appreciate .

First, look at seek.com.au

Mandurah is a lovely place. However, it is notorious for high unemployment and what jobs are out there are often low paid / casual / seasonal, there is also very little heavy industry, though I have seen ads for welders occasionally. However, there is a hospital and I would recommend your wife contact them.

First, look at seek.com.au

Mandurah is a lovely place. However, it is notorious for high unemployment and what jobs are out there are often low paid / casual / seasonal, there is also very little heavy industry, though I have seen ads for welders occasionally. However, there is a hospital and I would recommend your wife contact them.

Thanks for the reply VERYSTORMY,could you recommend any other nice places to live in a regional area where there is is but more work about?

Quite a few welding/boilermaker jobs in Henderson, thats only about 35 minutes to Mandurah, there is a shipyard there, might pick something up, look up BAE or Austal, or Hays do a lot of work in the yard.

Quite a few welding/boilermaker jobs in Henderson, thats only about 35 minutes to Mandurah, there is a shipyard there, might pick something up, look up BAE or Austal, or Hays do a lot of work in the yard.

The OP cant work there due to the visa restriction

Thanks for the reply VERYSTORMY,could you recommend any other nice places to live in a regional area where there is is but more work about?

It is hard at the moment as WA generally is going through a hard time due to the down turn in resources. A lot of the regional areas have been very reliant on resources and as a result are struggling. All I can recommend is you keep an eye on seek.com.au

Archived