partner 309/100 advice please, how much is too much?

thej35ter

HI all!

currently collecting paperwork for my application, but how much is too much?

long story cut short ive been with my partner for nearly 12 years and the sheer amount of itemised phone records that we have between us is silly, i having just printed everything orange can give me and the amount of paper bills i have dating back to june 2005 equals about 2 reams of paper! im not sure i should send them all? should i?

would it just be better to send a sample? say 1 or 2 for every year and state we have nearly every month if they wish to view them, or just send the whole lot?

any advise on this would be helpful :-)

HI all!

currently collecting paperwork for my application, but how much is too much?

long story cut short ive been with my partner for nearly 12 years and the sheer amount of itemised phone records that we have between us is silly, i having just printed everything orange can give me and the amount of paper bills i have dating back to june 2005 equals about 2 reams of paper! im not sure i should send them all? should i?

would it just be better to send a sample? say 1 or 2 for every year and state we have nearly every month if they wish to view them, or just send the whole lot?

any advise on this would be helpful :-)

Don't drown them in pointless evidence. For my own 100 partner visa, I submitted:

Certified (some by a magistrate/some by a local solicitor)

• Confirmation of Death in Service payment from my partner to me

• Confirmation of Death in Service payment from my me to partner

• Partner's car insurance with me as named driver

• My car insurance partner as named driver

• Joint mortgage offer

• Remortgage correspondence from conveyancing solicitor

• First joint bank statement

• Council Tax bill from 2008

• Mine, my partner's and son's passport & birth certs

Uncertified

• Numerous travel and holiday itineraries going back to 2002

• Invoice from nursery addressed to both of us

• Amex statement showing partner's supplementary card on my account

• Stat decs (Our's, Both mums, A friend).

• Partner's employer reference, job profile and a recent p60

thanks for the reply

yeah, didnt want to go over the top sending paperwork, i think ill just send a random few.

the main problem ive having is any joint evidence, just about everything we have in only in my name, its how we do it and it works for us as a couple. just finding it hard to find anything we have with both our names on it

thats a good idea! thank you

so far ive found showing both of our names

Council tax bill from sept 2008

Rent statement from Jan 2008

Joint bank account statement (statement number 1, so from when we opened it ) from Nov 2007

Joint bank account statement (different account from above) from Dec 2005

My partners car insurance (most recent) showing me as a named driver, and i just made her insurance cheaper! result!

3 x tenancy agreements from the 3 properties we have lived in since she moved here

My accident insurance policy covering my partner aswell (it does now ;-))

My itemised mobile records, ill send the best i can find, proberbly sent 3-4 in total

mine, my partners passports and birth certs

our childrens passports, birth certs and both of their Australian Citizenship certs

Travel docs - ive been back to australia twice since jan 2005 my partner has taken trips home 6 times

We have our form 888's being completed

hopfully that will cover most of what i need to send :-)

i was just getting worried as all of our household bills are only in my name, im going to guess that as long as we both put that in our statements any case officer should be happy, after all everyone's different and this is how we roll

Tbh @Jester Neve the UK has so many things in single name.. It's a pest. But they asked us for some more to prove the last couple of years .. We'd been together 14yrs and we submitted a selection spanning the years... The thing is you don't save up stuff as we didn't appreciate how much we had to prove... It's there to prevent dodges but to me if people want to marry for visa purposes this is the kind of thing they would do... We flew here in January and also read the sections for submission carefully as some things u need to put under different headings Good luck x

You don't need it all. You need to document in full the 12 months prior to lodging but then if you've been together longer try to account for as many years as you can go but nowhere in as much depth. This will help back up your supporting statements about when you became a couple and also help towards your straight to PR as they can see you've been together for a long time.

We covered every month of the 12 months prior to lodging, so included a bill in one or both our names or bank statement from our joint account to the same address for each month there. Plus car insurance in my name where husband was named driver.

Then as we had been together quite a lot of years we included one or two random bills or some such from each year we had been together before that. In both or one or the other of our names but at the same address. So things like car insurance from 2008 with husband as named driver on my policy, a joint council tax bill from a month in 2008. Then for 09 it was a bank statement to us both and a bill paid by me. 10 was a bill paid by husband, another council tax in both our names. 2011 was say a phone bill paid by me, an electric bill paid by husband.

We also included a copy of the life insurance policy in my husbands name (taken out quite a few years before) naming me and a bank statement showing the most recent payment to it.

You really shouldn't have that much then once you've whittled it down a heap. Yes the 12 months prior to lodging will stack up but the rest will probably be about equal to that, perhaps a few more pages.

Oh, OP if you are lodging off shore then the sponsor will possibly be asked for their proof of residence in the UK, as in either their visa or UK citizenship (ie passport). This is to show the sponsor has the legal right to be living resident in the UK. So if sponsor holds a UK passport, this may be requested or the visa grant label or whatever it is that is used these days.

Don't worry about the utility bills being in only one name. We are with AGL for electric in Queensland and they refused point blank to put both names on the bill. So we now have the electric bill in one name and the the phone bills are in the other.

Archived