Migration agent and visa lodging (189)???

Larad86

Hello!!!

i wonder if I could have some advise please. I am looking to apply for the 189 as a nurse. I am hoping once I have sat the IELTS in March to get the necessary band 8 I will have a total of 65 points. I have submitted ANMAC and I'm awaiting confirmation of a positive skill assessment. So far I have done this without the help of an agent. I plan, when it comes to it to submit the EOI myself but then my question is do migration agents offer a service to just submit the visa ensuring that it is correct and all the necessary boxes are ticked etc. Anybody done this and can someone give me an idea if cost. My understanding is that my application is very straightforward.

Thank you you for any help

Right ok just thought you had missed that, Iam also a nurse migrating in 7weeks! You do know you can take the General IELTS to get your visa point it's so munch easier but you do need 7.5 in each for AHPRA unless you prove you have been tight more than 5 years in English education. Don't know about your original question I used visa berau Iam sure if you drop them an email they would help. Good luck.

Right ok just thought you had missed that, Iam also a nurse migrating in 7weeks! You do know you can take the General IELTS to get your visa point it's so munch easier but you do need 7.5 in each for AHPRA unless you prove you have been tight more than 5 years in English education. Don't know about your original question I used visa berau Iam sure if you drop them an email they would help. Good luck.

I have done AHPRA and proved English, done ANMAC, just need to get the visa points and have booked to do the GT. So far I have managed to crack on with everything just doing bits at a time but the lodging of the visa is so crucial I don't want to be rejected after paying the fee xx

I'm also a nurse waiting on our 189 visa decision. We used an agent to ensure we did everything right, but I have a 19yr old and for us that was more the reason we went with agent.

To be honest looking back I probably would have been OK doing it all ourselves and would have saved almost 2k. The assistance and help available on this forum is invaluable. There's always someone who can help.

If your straightforward and you did anmac and APHRA yourself, you will prob be fine doing your visa.

good luck

Hello!!!

i wonder if I could have some advise please. I am looking to apply for the 189 as a nurse. I am hoping once I have sat the IELTS in March to get the necessary band 8 I will have a total of 65 points. I have submitted ANMAC and I'm awaiting confirmation of a positive skill assessment. So far I have done this without the help of an agent. I plan, when it comes to it to submit the EOI myself but then my question is do migration agents offer a service to just submit the visa ensuring that it is correct and all the necessary boxes are ticked etc. Anybody done this and can someone give me an idea if cost. My understanding is that my application is very straightforward.

Thank you you for any help

If you are going to use an Agent, I recommend using them for the EOI and Visa application.

The EOI may look simple, but this forms the cornerstone of your application. Any information tendered at this stage must be able to be supported by documentation at the visa stage. It is at the EOI stage that I have seen most mistakes made as people misinterpret the questions or do not realise the importance of the information being tendered.

If you are going to use an Agent, I recommend using them for the EOI and Visa application.

The EOI may look simple, but this forms the cornerstone of your application. Any information tendered at this stage must be able to be supported by documentation at the visa stage. It is at the EOI stage that I have seen most mistakes made as people misinterpret the questions or do not realise the importance of the information being tendered.

I have had to advise several people to let an invitation lapse and submit a revised EoI. Some of them did so and some of them shot themselves in the foot.

I appreciate the advise from yourself and @wrussell and whilst I intend to consider my options, cost is a huge factor. I had initially received quotes for the entire process but eventually declined the services I wonder if you could give me an idea if the cost for just the submission of EOI and visa (if I'm allowed to ask??)

thank you

Archived