Settlement visa

steve 111

Be very confident and do your homework if you apply for your visa, i made the mistake of leaving out 1 piece of paper and got rejected, the people in Manilla just have a check list and if you dont conform thats it and dont bother appealing as it costs money and they will not except any new paperwork ie what you missed the first time plus it takes a year minimum, but if you cant supply any extra paperwork whats the use. The second time i went through a company called First Contact they were excellent, you supply the information and they check it and fill out the forms for you, yes i had to pay again and for there services but i had my visa within 7 days.

What "piece of paper" was it that you failed to submit ?

Things are not adding up here.

You would normally only be given written notification, your application put to one side on hold at the very most, but not rejected outright if you had paid your fee in full and submitted an otherwise compliant application.

Unless of course there was some "significance" to this "piece of paper" which you failed to produce.

Why were you applying for a UK visa, using a "Filipino" agent in Manila ?

Most documents you submit for a visa or dont are significant mine was my resignation letter from employment as i was using my Super for the finance component. All visa apps for the UK from Australia go through the UK Embassy in Manila

• 2 weeks later...

I successfully applied for a UK spouse visa last year and as long as you do your homework and read up on forums what's required in relation to your particular situation then you will be fine. Why pay someone loads of money to do something you can do for yourself. I would encourage people to do it themselves, unless they like throwing money away.

I also had to apply through the " self employed route" which is a difficult one

Hi all, hoping someone can give us some guidance. We submitted our app today for a husband visa (I'm Scottish, he's Aussie). I read everywhere to try and find the processing times and the site said from Brisbane it would take around 10 days.

When we got to the visa office today they said 12 weeks and that the 10 days is for the express service (which costs an additional $900).

We have already booked our flights for the 1st of June (9 weeks from now), can anyone give me an idea of how long their application took to process, ie is 12 weeks being generous or should we be freaking out and buying a new flight for my husband a few weeks later?

thanks in advance

Hi,

if if you did not apply for the express visa service ( 900 extra) then expect it to take 3 months for an answer. You are advised not to book any flights beforehand. I don't want to scare you but a lot of people get rejected if they don't submit he correct paperwork and have to re submit. I applied for our uk spouse visa from Brisbane in March last year, I didn't use the express service as I don't like throwing money away, I received approval I think in late May and I was able to fly early June. So it was a little less than the 3 months but not a lot different. I looked in alt of forums and times do vary a bit depending on your visa type and complexity. I would advise not to book anything until your visa has been approved as they are quiet strict and there is a lot of paperwork involved.

i hope that helps, I'm sure you could just rebook your flights but I wouldn't go organising any shipping containers or anything like that just in case.

Hi,

if if you did not apply for the express visa service ( 900 extra) then expect it to take 3 months for an answer. You are advised not to book any flights beforehand. I don't want to scare you but a lot of people get rejected if they don't submit he correct paperwork and have to re submit. I applied for our uk spouse visa from Brisbane in March last year, I didn't use the express service as I don't like throwing money away, I received approval I think in late May and I was able to fly early June. So it was a little less than the 3 months but not a lot different. I looked in alt of forums and times do vary a bit depending on your visa type and complexity. I would advise not to book anything until your visa has been approved as they are quiet strict and there is a lot of paperwork involved.

i hope that helps, I'm sure you could just rebook your flights but I wouldn't go organising any shipping containers or anything like that just in case.

Hi there, thanks for your answer... The confusion comes from being directed to the following link which is meant to tell you how long the processing times are... https://www.gov.uk/visa-processing-times

Im confident we have submitted the correct paperwork, I'm also ready to fight them on this if necessary, there is absolutely no mention that these time frames relate to the express service and not just in general!

i think our case should be relatively straight forward, I meet the financial requirement through current employment here in AU coupled with a new job offer on my return home, I guess we'll just have to wait and see!

Hi,

You are right, the link is very confusing, when I looked at ours last year it had different times. It looks like it is showing the process times for the speedy service only, but I could be wrong. I do know that it is based on the previous months applications, so you may be lucky and it's a quiet period. I would still steer on the edge of caution, as any appeals do take a long time to be heard and I have read that if you do need to appeal something like a rejection then it can take a year !! Did you include a property inspection report of where you will be staying in the uk ? We found this to be a bizarre and costly necessity

A property inspection?! That seems insane! I included a rental agreement but there was no mention of a property inspection in the forums etc that we read?!

We submitted: evidence of our relationship including joint bank accounts, rental agreement from Australia, marriage certificate, social media proof, emails, flights taken together etc, wedding photos, other photos and cards, then also a letter from my current employer outlining salary, time of employment etc, 6 months payslips, a written job offer and contract from my new employer in the UK, new rental agreement in the uk and a letter from the owner of the property, a letter of support of the application from me as sponsor, 6 months of my bank statements stamped by the bank... It's slightly terrifying that they might reject it, do they give a reason or just a flat out no? I'm not sure what we could submit other than what we did!

We have just applied for a Spouse visa for my wife, and it's the first I've heard of a property inspection report too. We will be staying with my cousin until we find a house that we want to buy. We have given all the contact info like address, phone and email in the form so the proper checks may be made.

We have just applied for a Spouse visa for my wife, and it's the first I've heard of a property inspection report too. We will be staying with my cousin until we find a house that we want to buy. We have given all the contact info like address, phone and email in the form so the proper checks may be made.

Unfortunately I think if you are sharing the property, it seems you have to provide evidence that it is large enough to host you and your spouse... This is where the property inspection comes in. I'm hoping we will be ok as we have provided a letter from the landlord stating we will be renting the three bed terraced house but I'm extremely nervous now!

Yes, that is true, but in the form - think it's in Appendix 2, you specify the number of bedrooms and public rooms, as well as giving the full names, relationship and passport numbers of all occupants. I our case, we'd be staying in a 4 bedroom house with only two other occupants who share one room, and we have given all contact details. If you have given a letter you should be fine.

Guest The Pom Queen

That is a great post Jaynemw and very useful. I'd like to ask Marisa Wright if she did an inspection report for her sister's place - not sure how to 'tag' her here.
@Marisawright

No, we did not have to provide an inspection report for my sister's house. We were not asked about it. I warned my sister she might get a call or even a visit, but she heard nothing.

Others have suggested that people from "safe" countries (like Australia) aren't scrutinised as closely as some other countries of origin, and I think they may be right.

Thank you Marisa. I did note that you warned your sister to expect a call, and I did the same with my cousin. My wife had her biometric meeting nearly two weeks ago so we are waiting to hear back - however long that may be.

Thank you Marisa. I did note that you warned your sister to expect a call, and I did the same with my cousin. My wife had her biometric meeting nearly two weeks ago so we are waiting to hear back - however long that may be.

We got the call about four weeks later.

Archived