Needs experts advice on moving to UK

ShahRukh Naveed

Hi, My name is Shahrukh and I am living in Australia from last 9 years on Student Visa. And I am from Pakistan and holding Pakistani passport. I have studied Diploma and Advanced Diploma in Australia and now a days I am doing

my Bachelors of Professional Accounting. My wife is British Citizen and I want to apply for British Visa to join her permanently. I just want to ask that do I need to take any English test to apply for spouse visa to UK?

Hi, My name is Shahrukh and I am living in Australia from last 9 years on Student Visa. And I am from Pakistan and holding Pakistani passport. I have studied Diploma and Advanced Diploma in Australia and now a days I am doing

my Bachelors of Professional Accounting. My wife is British Citizen and I want to apply for British Visa to join her permanently. I just want to ask that do I need to take any English test to apply for spouse visa to UK?

Answer is yes you need to take an english test as you are not an Australian citizen. https://www.gov.uk/english-language/approved-english-language-qualifications Also there are quite a few hurdles to overcome, being married to a Britsh Citizen does not guarantee automatic right to settle in UK. https://www.gov.uk/settle-in-the-uk

Don't you need lots of savings and a job offer of at least £28,000 or something like that?

The wife as the British citizen needs to have a confirmed job offer earning at least 18600 pounds or they need to have savings of at 62000 pounds to meet the financial requirement of a spouse visa. Yes an english test would be required too.

The wife as the British citizen needs to have a confirmed job offer earning at least 18600 pounds or they need to have savings of at 62000 pounds to meet the financial requirement of a spouse visa. Yes an english test would be required too.

It is not an easy process and can take some time and plenty of form filling much the same as settling in any country. The financial limits are under review I believe but are there to ensure new settlers to UK can to a degree support themselves and not rely too much on state support. If moving back to UK cannot rely on latter I believe until 3 months back anyway. Also I read somewhere for example for temporary workers in UK the government was looking to push the min salary up to 35k GBP which is causing a fuss as the NHS is supported to a degree by many non British Citizens who would fall well below this salary range. Have not yet seen similar discussion on spouse visas/settlement but I expect they are thinking about it especially I guess with the current situation in Europe. Just for info here is current financial requirement document for anyone interested https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/469692/Appendix_FM_1_7_Financial_Requirement_August_2015.pdf

Your wife is the person they will base their decision on, not you, and it will be based on her means to support you either by her savings, her job or possibly her assets.

Your qualifications make no difference, as you are applying a dependent only.

They will focus on your wife means to support you only.

Your wife is the person they will base their decision on, not you, and it will be based on her means to support you either by her savings, her job or possibly her assets.

Your qualifications make no difference, as you are applying a dependent only.

They will focus on your wife means to support you only.

My my wife has a job and earning more than 19,000 pounds. Is that ok. And can you please tell me which English test do I have to take? Thanks

My my wife has a job and earning more than 19,000 pounds. Is that ok. And can you please tell me which English test do I have to take? Thanks

Hi Shahrukh

It does not look like you need to do any test

Its based on your wife being able to support you on income greater than mentioned above (and having held that job for at least 6 months) or having $62k in savings (ie if she had only just started a job)

Hi Shahrukh

It does not look like you need to do any test

Its based on your wife being able to support you on income greater than mentioned above (and having held that job for at least 6 months) or having $62k in savings (ie if she had only just started a job)

Thanks Sustain for your reply. She has the job from last 6 months. Is that ok.

Thanks Sustain for your reply. She has the job from last 6 months. Is that ok.

She will have been in employment (job) for a period of 6 months? this will be ok, if less she will need to wait until 6 months completed.

Archived