Ielts question

Paige03

Hi.

I have booked my Ielts test for 19th March. I know I need at least 7's in every section to meet my skills assessment criteria for ANMAC however I need 8's to have enough points overall for 189 visa. Does this mean, for points, I need to get 8's or more in each section or an overall score of 8?

Thanks.

Over 8s in each section.

I Sat the test twice. First time walking in thinking it will be a breeze, I'm English and I have a degree - I was very naive. 1st time I got

L6.5 W8.0 R6.5 S9.0. So I had to re sit. I found a tutor who taught me how to "do" the test with hints and tips. And thankfully second time I did much better L 8.5 W7.5 R8.5 S9.0. I wasn't prepared to sit it again to obtain a further 10 points.

Good luck.

Thank you. I have bought an IELTS book, which arrived yesterday, looks daunting! I'm hoping to be prepared and only have to sit it once...fingers and everything else crossed. I can see you've just submitted your EOI, good luck on getting invited soon. I can't wait until I am at your stage :cool:

Thank you. I have bought an IELTS book, which arrived yesterday, looks daunting! I'm hoping to be prepared and only have to sit it once...fingers and everything else crossed. I can see you've just submitted your EOI, good luck on getting invited soon. I can't wait until I am at your stage :cool:

It's just practice practice practice!! Best of luck.

I got a book too, possibly the same one. It was really confusing at first but I ploughed through and I reckon it really helped. I thought the actual test was way easier than the book! I got 9 for everything bar writing, which was 8.5. I think the book got me those scores because most of it is about doing it in the way that gets the scores rather than common sense necessarily! Had I not prepared I think the test would have confused me.

Allt of people have bben more successful at a pearson test over an IELTS.. IELTS is very much examination conditions and can get the better of someone if they havent been subject too in a long time.. pearspn is an online test which in a booth...Might be worth looking up if you need 20 points

• 2 weeks later...
I got a book too, possibly the same one. It was really confusing at first but I ploughed through and I reckon it really helped. I thought the actual test was way easier than the book! I got 9 for everything bar writing, which was 8.5. I think the book got me those scores because most of it is about doing it in the way that gets the scores rather than common sense necessarily! Had I not prepared I think the test would have confused me.

Hi Becks22 can you tell me which books you used there seems to be a few options out there ? Thanks

Hi Becks22 can you tell me which books you used there seems to be a few options out there ? Thanks

It was "the official cambridge guide to IELTS". Its quite pricey but you can sell it back after. Alternatively, the local library may well have a copy for loan

Archived