Luggage allowance

Not that many do migrant allowance anymore that I am aware of. Singapore allow and extra 10kgs if you have a permanent unvalidated visa. You need to book flights first and then arrange the extra. Email them with your visa grant letter showing the PR etc and it should be fine.

Some airlines charge per kilo and its expensive. So watch out and read their policy before booking anything. What might look a cheap price ticket wise could end up costing lots per kilo extra of luggage.

Or the other thing to do is take your 30kg and then ship the extra one (up to 32kg iirc) as an excess bag via an excess baggage company. We did this and it cost £120 door to door. Was picked up the day before we flew out, arrived and delivered to our door in Aus the day after we got there. So 4/5 days all up. Meant we didn't have to lug it around either. Lots of excess baggage companies out there. We read reviews etc and picked one that got regular good feedback etc.

Hi everyone,

Does anyone know which airline provides more than 30k luggage allowance. I'm travelling from uk to Oz in the next couple of months. I'm planning on taking two large suitcases plus hand luggage. Thanks in advance :)

Emirtaes economy gives you 30 kilo and allows that in two pieces of luggage plus hand luggage is I think 7 kilo Lugging one case at 30 kilo is hard !

Hi everyone,

Does anyone know which airline provides more than 30k luggage allowance. I'm travelling from uk to Oz in the next couple of months. I'm planning on taking two large suitcases plus hand luggage. Thanks in advance :)

we are travelling with virgin Australia luggage allowance 30k

Archived