190 Visa..Carpenter

lauraj1988

Hi,

We are working towards submitting a 190 Visa for NSW husband is a carpenter does anyone know the timeframe roughly how long do 190Visa take to process? Also without being right in Sydney where are there family-friendly Suburbs which isn't to overly expensive to rent? Looking for 3bed house in good suburb with good schools also and lots to do around. If anyone could give me some advice be great x

Laura

I think 190 is priority processing meaning one the actual visa application itself is submitted it takes about 3 months... But could also be a lot less....ypu need to get state nomination first from NSW if you don't already have it, once invited to apply for this nomination, it takes up to 12 weeks to be approved..... Then the actual 190 visa application goes in.xx

Hi Leahh,

He has just done his skills assessment he passed :smile: im just finding out the next stage from here possible police check and medicals? what stage are you at, do you have children? I know NSW is huge we are looking where is affordable housing and good schools etc x

Hi Leahh,

He has just done his skills assessment he passed[emoji2]im just finding out the next stage from here possible police check and medicals? what stage are you at, do you have children? I know NSW is huge we are looking where is affordable housing and good schools etc x

Congratulations!!! Exciting times.

My hubby passed skills assessment, English test, our EOI was accepted January, secured state nomination and now just putting in for visa. It's been such a rollercoaster, but we are getting there slowly.

We have an 18 month old daughter xx

Sent from my D2403 using Tapatalk

Hi Laura, no we are in North East England, just gotta our state sponsorship and 190 is going in now x

Apparently Newcastle NSW is a nice place for families, about 2/3 hours from Sydney itself. Seems to be OK prices for rentals but I guess it depends on where you can find work x

Hi Laura, no we are in North East England, just gotta our state sponsorship and 190 is going in now x

Apparently Newcastle NSW is a nice place for families, about 2/3 hours from Sydney itself. Seems to be OK prices for rentals but I guess it depends on where you can find work x

Hi ya, congratulations. We hoping to go to Newcastle too x

Hi leaaah/Laura

Just thought I'd mention....I'd advise people to wait until requested for medicals and police checks....because you generally only have 12months to move over, from the date these are done. (sometimes this is reduced to 6 month if ypu have health issues)

So....if you did medicals in March and then it took 3/4 months to process your visa....youd still only have until the following March to move over/enter Australia.....or even sooner if they give you the 6 months meaning a tight timeframe!

If you are all set to go, fair enough... But it sometimes can cause mix ups too as you usually need a HAP ID to get the medicals done- ypu get this when a CO requests your medicals /police check I believe.

I dont know if you know all this but just trying to help if possible xxx

Thanks so much hun. I didn't know this so thank you. I think we would be able to scoot within six months as we only rent here. But the logistics of it all gives me a headache hahaha xx

I didn't know that either! I thought that was our next stage in process thanks Jodi we just waiting on certificates from skills assessment and then next stage so a while go yet I cant wait have 2 children 3 and 7 years, will have look around Newcastle for rentals and work xx

We applied for the 189 visa for partner. and we kind of wished we had got our medicals and police checks done before applying.

As you can get medicals booked in places easily and police checks only take 10days. (you could do all that while waiting for skills certificate)

Also could the 189 visa not be an option? Depending on whether you needed the extra points from state sponsorship. as then at least you are not tied down to a specific state.

My other half got 10 points from doing the English IELTS test so then we don't have to stick to a specific state even though we already know we want to go to queensland.

Sounds silly- But if you wait to be contacted for medicals- I think you pretty much get put to the back of the pile- as they give you 28days to submit the medicals,

And when some people applied same time as me they were getting grants within a month- whereas we waited full 3months.

just obviously keep in mind that you have 1year from date of police check or medical to enter the country.

good luck

Congratulations!!! Exciting times.

My hubby passed skills assessment, English test, our EOI was accepted January, secured state nomination and now just putting in for visa. It's been such a rollercoaster, but we are getting there slowly.

We have an 18 month old daughter xx

Hi girls sorry to jump in on your posts. I'm a carpenter and just sent all paperwork to my agent to go through for skills assessment. I have got to do skills assessment and IELTS. Could you ask your OH a brief description on what he had to do for Assessment.

Where do people go for IELTS tests. Early days on but getting places.

cheers for any info , JAMIE

Hi girls sorry to jump in on your posts. I'm a carpenter and just sent all paperwork to my agent to go through for skills assessment. I have got to do skills assessment and IELTS. Could you ask your OH a brief description on what he had to do for Assessment.

Where do people go for IELTS tests. Early days on but getting places.

cheers for any info , JAMIE

Hi Jamie,

Depends who is assessing you. My hubby went to London for a Skype interview for his skills assessment. They asked him questions about carpentry theory and what he does. As he passed there was no need for a practical test.

They have different IELTS test centres in UK so would be one closest to you. I would recommend getting a tutor as it's easy to get caught out on the test I think. As my other half had a tutor he scored all nines and one eight which was amazing.

Private message me if you like...

Leah

Jamie, no it was arranged via our agent. If you Google the downunder centre and give them a call they may be able to help. You have to travel to London to do the Skype interview as it has to be in a controlled environment. But they're all really lovely there.

Ok, I'm using Gomatilda so I may mention it. I don't mind doing the assessment as Ive been doing the job along time just thought it might save a day somewhere. But if you have to go london anyway I will assess the situation. Thanks for the replies.

Cant remember above posts. Where are you heading to and what's your planned time of heading out there.

We just lodged our 190 visa with NSW. I'm not sure how long this next bit takes. But we want to go as soon as possible.

Yeah, check on prices too as vetassess and ACT may have slightly different costs. I'm not sure. I know the downunder centre also have another office they use for Skype tests but I can't remember where it is.

Archived