Student or Partner Visa?

EllieJV

I left school not sure what to do, but knew I wanted to move out (bad decision), so went moved to London to live with a friend and study Art & Design. I got kicked out her house because she wasn't giving her mum my rent money, so her mum thought I never paid rent, and of course believed her daughter over me. I came back to Wales one month into my course, because I had no where to stay. By then there were no college spaces left. I waited until the next year, and started Graphic Design. I'm on my second year of this now, and have decided I want to do accounting instead. Pretty sure this is the last change, because I do accounting as a hobby on my mums and my own finances and savings. I'm starting the accounting diploma this year in 6 months. Then the plan is the advanced diploma in Australia.

I should be on my last or 2nd to last year of uni at the moment. But because of all that I'm behind.

Not sure what other info would be useful. What were you thinking I left out?

I don't see why you feel you are behind. Many people don't even start university until they are 19 or 20, especially nowadays when so many take a gap year before starting a degree.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I left school not sure what to do, but knew I wanted to move out (bad decision), so went moved to London to live with a friend and study Art & Design. I got kicked out her house because she wasn't giving her mum my rent money, so her mum thought I never paid rent, and of course believed her daughter over me. I came back to Wales one month into my course, because I had no where to stay. By then there were no college spaces left. I waited until the next year, and started Graphic Design. I'm on my second year of this now, and have decided I want to do accounting instead. Pretty sure this is the last change, because I do accounting as a hobby on my mums and my own finances and savings. I'm starting the accounting diploma this year in 6 months. Then the plan is the advanced diploma in Australia.

I should be on my last or 2nd to last year of uni at the moment. But because of all that I'm behind.

Not sure what other info would be useful. What were you thinking I left out?

i guess in terms of your relationship. How did you meet? Have you already started to collate your defacto evidence? Have you considered the prospective marriage visa?

I don't see why you feel you are behind. Many people don't even start university until they are 19 or 20, especially nowadays when so many take a gap year before starting a degree.

I'll finish college when I'm 21. Delayed uni until 25 when I'm a resident if we have to save for my mums £28k visa instead of paying for my uni.

i guess in terms of your relationship. How did you meet? Have you already started to collate your defacto evidence? Have you considered the prospective marriage visa?

We met on an online chat game. Skype calls going literally 24/7. I visited him on our 1 year anniversary, and stayed at his house for 2 months. He's coming here this year in 4 months for our 2 year anniversary, and by the time I move we'll have been together 3 years. When I apply for the visa, I will have lived with him for a year while on the student visa. I don't want him to agree to marry me just so I can stay int he country, even if its for the right reasons, I'd rather wait for that. I do see a future with him, and if all goes to plan I want to be able to settle down with him in Australia. While living together, we'd have a joint account for our bills. I've also met his family and friends, so I know they would give statements for us when applying for the visa.

Archived