Medical before invite - link to visa???

chan8180

Hi i have made an immi account and created a HAP ID and booked my husbands medical which is on the 10 March. Im hoping we get an invite on the 9th and can just apply for visa and change HAP ID when going for medical, however if i don't then i need to know how i link his medical ID with the visa when we actually apply? I have to book his as he works abroad and is only available to do one on the 10 March, or wait until beginning of June which will delay things. We are hoping to be over at the end of the summer so can't afford this delay.

Has anyone ever done it this way and can advise how it works? I have been told it can be done just not the process of linking the HAP ID when the time comes? Me and my children medical is later in the month so not an issue.

Any advice appreciated

Thank you !!

just do the medical, and enter that HAPIP when your invite comes.

its front loading. Alot of people, like myself, do the medical before the EOI

Great thanks thats what i was hoping you do just enter the HAP id of your medical onto the system and they can link up. So the HAP ID is just related to the medical then, its not a ID number for the visa?

yeah, unless i'm wrong??? but if you don't front load and wait for the EOI then wait to be asked for a medical, i gather they issue you a HAP id for you to use to do the medical, where as you're requesting a HAP id and just you're informing them that number. It doesn't feel like its a seperate health exam, with it being for 'migration purposes' 'Bupa or who ever' auto send to migration, so you don't actually see the results.

Great thanks thats what i was hoping you do just enter the HAP id of your medical onto the system and they can link up. So the HAP ID is just related to the medical then, its not a ID number for the visa?

Hi there,

To create a HAP id you need an immiaccount, so I guess you have done that :wink:

When you get an invite on your EOI you get the option to log in with your immiaccount - this then automatically links the EOI to your HAP id records.

I worried about it too, front loaded and worked seamlessly for us.

Best of luck!!!

Hi there,

To create a HAP id you need an immiaccount, so I guess you have done that :wink:

When you get an invite on your EOI you get the option to log in with your immiaccount - this then automatically links the EOI to your HAP id records.

I worried about it too, front loaded and worked seamlessly for us.

Best of luck!!!

Excellent , that you. I also have my ACRO police checks, I'm going to get everything front loaded (included F80's). Does this need to be done at the time of lodging so need to ensure everything is scanned and ready or can it be uploaded after, as long as there before case officer allocated ? hoping for a direct grant too!

There are potential issues with what you have done.

First, the medical is only valid for 12 months. If the visa is delayed then he would have to do it again. If he is working abroad, there is a risk of delay as it can increase security checks.

Doing the medical before the co requests it, does not save time on the grant.

Once a a visa is granted, you must make first entry to Australia within 12 months of the medical or police check. Which ever is earliest. This may mean, a very tight time frame.

Excellent , that you. I also have my ACRO police checks, I'm going to get everything front loaded (included F80's). Does this need to be done at the time of lodging so need to ensure everything is scanned and ready or can it be uploaded after, as long as there before case officer allocated ? hoping for a direct grant too!

The process worked like this for us;

1. Submitted EOI.

2. Created Immiaccount, got HAP IDs and then had medicals. I was pleased to have medical clearance prior to spending money on a visa - wasn't expecting adverse results but I am a worrier!

3. Got invitation on EOI, logged in using Immiaccount and then this automatically linked the EOI to the Immiaccount (and therefore the medicals).

4. Submitted the Visa application. This meant paying. I was sad.

5. Got the option to start uploading documents.

6. Started uploading documents (including Police Checks)

7. Realised I needed one more from HR @ work. Swore (it was a Friday night). Waited till Monday and uploaded final document.

8. Two weeks later received an email that my EOI had been terminated - then more emails came through with PR Visas for all of the family.

I didn't bother with the form 80s, but I think that I had gone belt and braces on everything else such that it was a bit moot if that makes sense?

Good luck for the process!

There are potential issues with what you have done.

First, the medical is only valid for 12 months. If the visa is delayed then he would have to do it again. If he is working abroad, there is a risk of delay as it can increase security checks.

Doing the medical before the co requests it, does not save time on the grant.

Once a a visa is granted, you must make first entry to Australia within 12 months of the medical or police check. Which ever is earliest. This may mean, a very tight time frame.

Hi tight frame doesn't worry us we are booking flights to go as soon as visa comes through anyway. What generates them asking for a form 80? Should I even bother front loading this, may it end up causing unesasary delays if not required anyway? Our police checks are clear(no trace) and my application is a straightforward nurse one.

seems as my hubby is only a dependant how will they actually know he's working away to delay that things? I haven't had to state his job yet? Is this something I do later on?

We have not had to do police checks for another county as his work didn't fit that criteria, Plus his work is in Afghanistan so don't think you would even get a police check done there !! I'm just hoping his work doesn't delay matters?

Archived